NFL '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL '15

Talk drafty to me. Mariota aside, who are the standout players? What's Kevin White like? What have been the big draft round plays? Who are the big winners out of round one, and who's unexpectedly been left undrafted for round 2?

NFL '15

I saw out last year's college season, except for the comedy masterpiece Oregon-Florida St.

What I'm saying is I will be of no help, and it's getting to be harder to figure out who will be good. All of those years that LSU had a dominating defensive line, and they all proceeded to suck for the Chiefs (who always seemed to draft them.)

Impossible to tell who will be Odell Beckham or the Dallas O-line this year.

Comment

NFL '15

The Jets are widely thought to have picked the most talented guy in the draft.

It's end times, people.

Comment

NFL '15

The NY tabs are reveling in Tom Brady's implication in Deflategate

Comment

NFL '15

Tom T'riffic suspended four games. Pats lose two draft picks and a million bucks.

Comment

NFL '15

I'm truly amazed/baffled that all of this was anything resembling a story more than being something talked about for more than 1 minute as an aside by Bob Costas in a 50 point Pat blowout.

EVERY QB does this. EVERY team does this.

I suppose this was the accumulation of Spygate and whatever other shady shit that Belichick did during his current reign as Greatest NFL Coach Ever, but whatever. Butler still intercepted Russell Wilson. Petey still went Dumb-Dumb Mode instead of Beast Mode.

Comment

NFL '15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/32701250

"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis and we will appeal," said Brady's agent Don Yee.
              But what, exactly, are his grounds for appeal?

Other than "I don't like it"?

Comment

NFL '15

The view that the suspension helps the Patriots:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/may/12/why-tom-bradys-deflategate-ban-may-well-help-the-new-england-patriots?CMP=share_btn_tw

No one seems to be saying that the loss of the first round draft pick is a bigger deal, but I bet that has Belichick infuriated more than Brady being suspended for games against the Bills and Jaguars.

Comment

NFL '15

Four Patriots fans have handcuffed themselves together in a protest in the lobby of the NFL offices.

Comment

NFL '15

Are they all dressed like this?

Comment

NFL '15

I'm just giving less and less of a shit about the NFL now. The league seems to be run in order to generate hot takez for sportswriters.

I mean, this is like suspending Clayton Kershaw for a season for having pine tar on his hat or something. WGAS? Who, truly, gives a shit?

Even I at this point take a dim view of Boston sports fans (especially Pats fans, as nobody gave a fuck when they played in Billy Sullivan's overgrown high school stadium and waved their willies at Lisa Olson) but I don't blame them at all. I'd be apopleptic that my team was penalized for a trivial offense that says more about the NFL's lack of oversight of the chain of command than anything else. The Colts lost 45-7! 45-7!

I went whole weekends without watching football last year and so long as the NFL is run by this country club jackass and so long as the 49ers are intensely loathsome that will continue.

Comment

NFL '15

If you're going to find them guilty, then anything short of stripping them of the Superbowl is just mucking about. Either it's a serious offence or it isn't.

Comment

NFL '15

If that happened I would hope the Patriots and the Boston sports media aired every single piece of dirty laundry they could find about the NFL.

Bob Kraft knows where a lot of the bodies are buried because he buried 'em. If he squeals the NFL's in big trouble.

Comment

NFL '15

Not the NFL, but close enough: the British team upset favourite Germany at the Women's European Championships of American Football in Granada this morning. Playing very good defense, the Brits held Germany scoreless after their second drive. Canny blitzing forced the German quarterback into risky throws – at 1:42:00, she could have been intercepted on second down and then was intercepted on third down, leading to the winning score.

Britain next plays Sweden on Tuesday.

In US women's gridiron, there's a 1970s vibe as Pittsburgh won one league, and Dallas is favoured to win the other.

Comment

NFL '15

http://www.nflflag.com/about/girls_flag
                              www.nflflag.com

The NFL has been promoting flag football for girls. There's some youth tackle leagues as well.

I only know this because my daughter throws a perfect spiral, having grown up with Breesus.

Comment

NFL '15

That was my way of saying "thanks for the link, laverte."

It's a game that certainly has a lot more potential than the NFL has to offer.

Comment

NFL '15

Thanks: live now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4sBZUS9wM

And it's preseason already?

Comment

NFL '15

I say "live now" but it looks like it's the last minute of the fourth quarter and GB have a big lead.

Comment

NFL '15

And that's it - win! 14-30

GBR are in the final to play the group A winners.

Comment

NFL '15

NFL predictions:

AFC six: Pats, Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, Chargers
                                        NFC six: Pack, Squawks, Cards, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers

AFC winners: Pats
                                        NFC winners: Pack

Super Bowl: Pack

Two almighty F-ups closed the season last time - the Pack's collapse in the NFC final and THAT INT in the Super Bowl. With a different wind, this is the Pack's year.

Comment

NFL '15

What a gorgeous throw and route for GB's first TD. Amazed at the quality of the tackling and tactics.

https://youtu.be/wh4sBZUS9wM?t=1010

Comment

NFL '15

Rex Ryan eats dog food.

Sadly, it's actually quite likely to do him some good.

Some people even do it for a living and enjoy it.

Comment

NFL '15

evilC wrote:
                                              Some people even do it for a living and enjoy it.
                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcobKdm6LI

Comment

NFL '15

NFL predictions:

AFC six: Pats, Dolphins, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, Chargers
                                                NFC six: Pack, Squawks, Cards, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers

AFC winners: Pats
                                                NFC winners: Pack

Super Bowl: Pack

I'll have a go too (wild cards in parentheses):

AFC: Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Patriots, (Ravens), (Dolphins)
                                                NFC: Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Falcons, (Cardinals), (Giants)

AFC Champs: Ravens
                                                NFC Champs: Packers

Champs: Packers

Comment

NFL '15

Ah, good call. The tweaked version, then:

AFC: Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, (Dolphins, Chargers)
                                                  NFC: Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Panthers, (Cardinals, Eagles)

AFC winners: Patriots
                                                  NFC winners: Packers

Super Bowl: Packers

Comment

Working...
                                                  X