Hamilton again - Formula 1 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting news this year in British Pedal Car circles, with New Milton taking over from Pont-Audemer as the alternate year location for the British Pedal Car Grand Prix, Ringwood being the other venue.

Today was the big event so an HST/Turbo/Desiro move took me to the fringes of the New Forest.

Course is in the town centre, with the High Street acting as the pit lane.

Standard of Entrants vary, the Police are a mainstay…

….as is the Fire Brigade.

Women’s Institute (this started off with a basket with a live dog in it but it was soone removed)

Local church (number 35 behind has the eventual winner)

And the desperate local cycling club with the wind tunnel tested carbon fibre chassis.

Anyway, on to the starting grid…

….and they’re off. Course starts with a long downhill down the high street…

…before a tight hair pin amongst the flower beds….

….then heads uphill, via a dog-leg to another hair pin (notice the car in the background having a one minute stop-go penalty for undertaking in the pit lane)

The peloton…..

…and the leading pack. After 2 hours, and 60km of racing, the 35 car was declared the winner.

And another bit of German kit to get me home.

Comment

Without wishing to detract from BB&F's post (since, frankly, he's won this thread indefinitely), doez anyoe know why Hülkenberg's front wing broke off in the Hungarian GP? It looked spontaneous, which is not okay.

Comment

BB&F really should have his own lifestyle channel/website/magazine.

He'd be minted.

Comment

If he produced these reports as a book I would buy a copy for everyone I know.

One of the weird things about modern F1 is how the slow circuits are suddenly those that reduce the engine power differences and mix the grid up a bit. Hungary used to be written off as processional tedium but presently it's consistently producing some of the best races.

Comment

First race I've seen in goodness knows how long, and it was a bit of a cracker; the boy certainly enjoyed it. I presume from all the reports afterwards that most races haven't been as exciting as that. Even so, Vettel never looked in the least troubled there.

Smallcaps, Force India seem to be pinning it on the kerbs:
            m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120120

Comment

Formula 1 got a bit of a kicking on that "hated sports" thread this week. Today's Japan race won't have changed any minds.

Hamilton won easily, though we hardly saw him, or Rosberg, or the Ferraris. This is assumed to be related to the supply of engines to Red Bull next year, and it's not the first time we've seen teams who have upset Bernie denied air time.

Funnily Red Bull don't want Honda engines, which provided the radio message of the year from Alonso "GP2 engine! Embarrassing! GP2.... Aaargh!"

Comment

Formula 1 got a bit of a kicking on that "hated sports" thread this week. Today's Japan race won't have changed any minds.

...aaaaaannnddddd.....

...who cares about that useless shitstain of a thread.

Interesting to see what Kvyatt does in Sochi.

Vettel's made it a nice season. Hope Hamilton can win.

Comment

For being an all-time great circuit, Japan often does produce completely arse races. I took some years off here and there, but I first watched Suzuka in 1996 and the vast majority of races have been a procession led by a dominant winner.

Comment

Yeah, Suzuka is apparently great to drive, but it always produces processional races unless the grid gets mixed up in qualifying or it rains during the race. The only real overtaking opportunities are at the chicane or via pit stops.

Comment

Superb race in Austin last night, several changes of lead and it ended with Hamilton winning the race and championship after Rosberg made a mistake towards the end. Rather sums up both their seasons that, Hamilton has been the better driver and helped along his way by Rosberg's errors. Rosberg whinged afterwards about Hamilton's aggressive racing, but they both know full well that Hamilton is far superior in wheel to wheel combat.

After the weather problems in the weekend it was pleasing they managed to get a meaningful race in, and once again the Circuit of the Americas produced excellent racing across the fields. Has to be one of, if not the best, of the new Tilke tracks.

Comment

Yep, agree with all that longeared; was certainly one of the better races of the season. I doubt that he will care, but Rosberg's petulance at the end did him no favours at all and was in marked contrast to Vettel's sporting behaviour.

Comment

nmrfox wrote: Yep, agree with all that longeared; was certainly one of the better races of the season. I doubt that he will care, but Rosberg's petulance at the end did him no favours at all and was in marked contrast to Vettel's sporting behaviour.
                          I guess the difference in attitude might be that Vettel already has World titles under his belt and must be quietly satisfied that he's extracted the absolute maximum out of the car this season - whilst Rosberg must be seething with himself for failing to take another great opportunity where he really only had one man to beat to win the title (not to mention gifting him the race only minutes earlier).

Comment

I think as well Les that Vettel was just pleased to have a competitive car at last and showed that he can possibly mix it with the Mercedes cars. Ok, Rosberg might be disappointed that he screwed up and was probably a bit pissed with Hamilton for his earlier overtaking manoeuvre, but its not the first time he's pouted and sulked and is beginning to look more and more like a petulant spoilt brat.

Comment

The problem with Formula 1 right now is that we have that awful combination that comes up every few years. The best driver has the best car. That invariably leads to domination and a snooze fest. It is clear that Rosberg is unable to play the Prost to Hamilton's Senna.

Comment

Working...
                              X