Fantasy NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy NFL 2008

And it's pronounced "hock-you-lee," so the "ad hoc" still really works.

I had never heard of him before he blew it in the Chargers-Broncos game. I don't know the names of any NFL officials, really, but I like that one African-American ref that pauses a little bit before doing the arm motions, and then does them really emphatically.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Ad Hoc - as FF/Inca said, but to say it quick, Ed Hochuli is having the most shocking season in quite some time. Perhaps the most controversial, shocking season of all-time. He's the Graham Poll/Hugh Dallas of the NFL.

To make it worse, he has these long, convoluted explanations for all of his decisions. While he must think it explains his reasoning, it only makes him look more lamebrained and dopey. It comes off like a loopy school principal trying to discipline kids with weirdo logic that only brings more disrespect and giggling from the students.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Will it all make sense if I tell you he's a trial lawyer?

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Having finally tired of a month's worth of match-up losing tripe I took a deep breath and dropped superstar Peyton Manning against the NFL's probably current best defense.

Approaching half time he has 170 yards passing and 3 TDs.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Though of course, my run of great scores from my QB position is continuing, statto, and you look like being fine. (Though this hurts you almost as much as it does me, since he's (not) throwing to two of your receivers)

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Hester's actually doing ok, ad hoc. Olsen less so. A lot hinges on Kurt Warner for me, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

And then, of course, he throws a TD, but not to one of my blokes...

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Here we go again. Congratulations, ad hoc. This one's yours. Warner recovered from catastrophe, but only by throwing to your guy half the night!

With two games to play I've posted the fourth highest score of the week so far. It's only 3.07 behind the highest, but unfortunately for me that belongs to ad hoc and he has two guys left while I have none.

So that's me with something like the fourth highest points total in the league and a 1-5 record. I think I'm pioneering a new definition of "harsh".

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Just thought I'd check. Before this week my (rounded) loss margins have been 3 points (admittedly self inflicted), 7 points, 2 points and 7 points.

I guess it's actually a good thing that we've had very few blowouts in the league.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I don't get the scoring on this AT ALL. Can someone please explain to me how this could happen?:

DEF: Ten (vs. Ind) w 31-21 projected: 10.88 actual 5.54

DEF: NYG (vs. Pit) w 21-14 projected: 11.69 actual 18.08

I mean, WTF? I watched that Titans game and the defense played well. How do they figure they only deserve half of what was projected, when the Giants got more? I'm not sure I like this game.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

FF, here's the team defensive scoring:

Sack (1)
                        Interception (2)
                        Fumble Recovery (2)
                        Touchdown (6)
                        Safety (2)
                        Block Kick (2)
                        Return Yards (50 yards per point)
                        Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
                        Points Allowed 0 points (10)
                        Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
                        Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
                        Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
                        Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
                        Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
                        Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Tennessee's defense allowed 21 points (0 fantasy points), had two INTs (4 fantasy points), and had 77 return yards (1.54 fantasy points) = 5.54 points.

NYG: 14 points allowed (1 fantasy point), 5 sacks (5 fantasy points), 1 safety (2 fantasy points), 4 INTs (8 fantasy points), 104 return yards (2.08 fantasy points) = 18.08 points

In other words, it's not just about the score. Sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, safeties (rare, but 2 nice points), and all the other stuff are where the real points for team defense are.

And it pays to ignore Yahoo's projected stat totals.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Yeah, I'm 8-0 on the Yahoo Projected Scores League. I'm the Hardest Working Team on Paper.

I gave the Gridiron Bros their first win. Whoever owns those bastards, they've had my number for years.

Boy did this year suck. Just like last year. And the year before. All I have is my Statto Challenge Cup championship over the crowded group of contenders (3) last year.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

My guys are approaching respectability at 3-5 after, I thik, my worst ever start to a season.

Is it me, or is there a dearth of half-decent fantasy running backs this year?

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Somehow, even though two of my starters were carried off before half time, and I benched all of my players who got touchdowns yesterday, I'm still in a chance of winning my game.

(I think my QB scored more points yesterday than any time this season, even though he - Orton- got taken off sometime in the first half. Obviously that's the secret)

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

What's happenned to Funky Reclamation this week? They've tanked.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I don't know, and I don't care.

Looks like FF's beginners luck with the Aints is running out.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Marshawn Lynch you little beauty*. 18 points down with one player still to go, and I eke out a desperately needed win.

(* Not literally obviously - he's a spectacularly ugly man isn't he? Or at least he is as far as the little pen pic on Yahoo goes, which is all I have base my knwoledge on))

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I see him as spectacularly adorable. The braces with the big smile, the face that got hit with a shovel...he's like a human pug.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Marshawn Lynch can't even run over the people he tries to hit with his injury cart.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Clearly I'm not so happy with Lynch's performance, I was hoping I had this one in the bag.
                                          I also don't feel that you deserve it after leaving 45-odd points on the bench.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I'm still reeling delightedly from a thoroughly unexpected 0.51 point victory. When I looked on Monday all the players had played and I'd lost by six points. I looked again on Tuesday and I'd won.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Finally, I get some actual points from a QB. And manage perhaps my best total of the season, despite including Plaxico Burress who limped off after about 20 seconds having contributed precisely nothing.

And the hardest working team in fantasy football suddenly got up off of that thing.

One more week to go in the regular season and it looks like I will have to beat Nishlord to stand a chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I'm going to make a stab and guess that after the last game this week the standings will be roughly:
                                                Shitehawks 9-3
                                                Westside 9-3
                                                Reclamation 8-4
                                                Crimewave 8-4
                                                Necrosis 7-5
                                                Erdely 7-5
                                                Strangers 6-6

With statto having a massive points total, so a win would likely give him a playoff spot.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Yep, Statto losing in a heartbreaker to me. Minnesota's defense has been absolutely huge for me this season. They're my top scorer.

Some perspective: Tampa Bay is the top scoring defense in our league, with 160.82 points this season. That's higher than Phillip Rivers, the top scoring offensive player, who has 157.47 points.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Nice of TO and Moss to finally show up.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X