Fantasy NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy NFL 2008

Well, statto has completely obliterated me in another league, but he has a small lead over me in this league--the one that counts. (yyyyyeahhhh....)

Save me, Purple Jesus! I'm also counting on you, Donald Driver.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Ass Press - After the ghost of James Brown bought the Bangladesh Bengals (formerly the Bushwick Bills and Caldwell/West Caldwell Sopranos) and moved them to his hometown of Augusta, Georgia, fans of the OTFL laughed at a once-proud franchise being bought by the hardest working dead man in show business.

However, after getting on the good foot and making some hot pants moves, the Browns are suddenly the greatest team in OTFL history: Stacked with two of the top receivers in the game, to go with a rejuvinated McNabb and Willie Parker, it's safe to call this season...

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

What is it with you and McNabb, jv? So mocked in real life, so reliant upon him in fantasy ball. Just wait until his knee explodes in Week 7.

Looks like we don't need to be going easy on the newbie Femme Folle--40.99 points ahead of Badh Erdely.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I just want to let him know what it feels like to play on a winning team.

I also broke my holiest of holy vows: To not have a Dallass Cowbozo on my team. I dropped Marion Barber last year, and didn't pick TO when I had the chance 2 years ago.

However, I need a championship. It's time to make some deals at the crossroads with Ol' Scratch.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I was just talking to the manager of tblock20, and he brought up a good question--how on earth did you get both TO and Moss?

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Karmic payback for the past two year's shitbag teams I suppose.

Last year I was hard-pressed to score 25 points a game (and that was from my defense.)

I just caught McNabb on an injury and Drew Brees on his bad year, Willie Parker on a broken leg, and Dwayne Jarrett.

I deserve this team.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Inca wrote:
                Looking over the rosters, I think the Fishies seem to have the most balanced strengths on offense. Augusta has an eye-popping WR duo of Moss and TO, but Willie Parker and Michael Turner at RB could be disappointing. The Shitehawks look strong with L. Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, S. Jackon, and MJD, but Jay Cutler at QB...
                Jay Cutler WK1 - 18.75, WK2 - 30.30

Didn't play him either week.

But then, Aaron Rodgers hasn't been too far behind.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Week 1

Week 2

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

jason voorhees wrote:
                    I deserve this team.
                    ..saying nothing...

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I'm blessed to have Romo in this league.

In my other league, however...Carson Palmer. That's what I get for having a Trojan on my team, I guess.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

You have to feel for the Squishy Fishies. Sitting on their bench they have running back Ronnie Brown, and his 37 point haul, including 4 touchdowns. In their starting lineup, however, Brian Westbrook rushes just 12 yards all game.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

That'll be five TDs for Ronnie, Phoebe, including the pass he threw. He lined up at QB several times with Chad Pennington out wide. Confused the heck out of the Patriots.

Randy Moss is fit and healthy this year, yet his numbers seem to be dropping off for some reason.

Meanwhile, I'm trapped in Tennessee by the other Moss, a Housh and a Boush and thus continue to pay for my week 1 carelessness.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Sorry about that, Statto. If it makes you feel any better, I really wanted the NE defense, but had to "settle" for the Titans.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

statto99 wrote:
                              Randy Moss is fit and healthy this year, yet his numbers seem to be dropping off for some reason.
                              It's simple really, he's not in synch with Cassel yet, and Belichick is avoiding using him a lot because that's what every defensive line they play against is expecting.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I think statto might have been sarcastic.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

D'oh! Sorry, Statto. My irony detector needs a new battery.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

That's because you spent all your money on the battery that you put in the Aints.

Shitehawks and Aints and Gridiron Bros alone at 4-0. Only one of those teams plays on Bizzaroworld.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

Who is Maxwell on here?

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

No problem, FF.

Just like early last year, if I remember correctly, I've got the second highest points total in the league and I'm mid-table with a 1-3 record. Sheesh.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I think I've scored about 5 points in total at QB this season. I might just as well draft in Brady and be done with it, at least I'll not get negative points. This week I managed to get fewer points at QB than my opponent - who picked one having a bye week. Plus I had a running back who managed 2 yards on 7 carries. Somehow managed to scrape a win, regardless, thank god the Gridiron brothers are even worse than I am

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I hear you. So far my weekly QB totals have been:
                                            -0.87 (Palmer)
                                            -2.32 (Palmer)
                                            3.87 (Kitna, YAY!)
                                            0.00 (Palmer)
                                            -3.02 (Kitna)
                                            Giving me a grand total of -2.34 for the entire season at quarterback!

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I would think that Ad Hochuli would be a really good name for ad hoc's fantasy team.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

That's brilliant, Inca. Wish I had thought of it.

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

I don't get it.

Mind you I still like Badh Erdely.

(For those who don't get that one, Erdely is the Hungarian word for Transylvania, which as I live in a Hungarian speaking part of Transylvania is apt. It's pronounced Air-day. Thus... (well, you can work out the rest))

Comment

Fantasy NFL 2008

That should have been my team name.

Hochuli is a well-known NFL official.

I must give a shout out to Reggie Bush of the Saints and the Aints. I wonder how long my Patriotic winning streak will go on.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X