No flashy title - Fed Cup / Davis Cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was painting my girlfriend's dad's bedroom today, but we had the TV on nice and loud in the next room and she let me excuse myself to go and watch for a minute or two at a time when the commentators got excited. Brilliant rally - and especially winner - to take the title.

Clearly what was needed to end the wait was a dedicated OTF thread for the tournament(s), so I feel I really deserve the credit for this one, to be honest.

Comment

multipleman78 wrote: That was outstanding wasn't it? A bit reminiscent of Flintoff in 2005. It would be so easy to get wrapped up in your teammates excitement and forget what is the right thing to do. Murray showed real class there and it looked like the Belgian captain was very gracious towards him too.
      So Murray has somewhat undercut this. (Ghost-)writing for the BBC today, he says he got out from under the pile due to claustrophobia rather than a determination to go and shake Goffin's hand.

Comment

I think that a little bit of false modesty. Rewatching the winning point and aftermath it's quite clear that the first thing on his mind is to get to Goffin before he leaves the court.

Comment

3rd December.

Easy to say that the guy who beat Isner, or Andy's brother, won it.

Truly, it was a team game. Andy Murray knows it. He THRIVES when he is playing for someone else.

The last time he lost as part of a team, he was slightly knackered after winning the Olympic singles title.

Now, Belgium. They were outstanding to get there, and at certain points in the singles, they had a real go.

(Jamie M was so nervous in the first two sets, then, when he got his serve, after they realised that their returns should lob the non-server, they were both fine.)

The final tie was never in doubt. Murray his usual self... and, I was awake at very early in the morning, and it was wonderful.

All of that said, I reckon with 4 weeks intensive fitness I could be number 25 in British mens' tennis. (doubles only).

I am 49 years old.

Comment

Oh, and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

That was so good to watch, from here.

Comment

Working...
            X