Swimming thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming thread

Just before they touched. Phelps (left) doesn't look like he was going to make it, does he?

He goes for #8 tonight, and no word yet on if NBC is actually going to let people in the Mountain and Pacific time zones watch live. Fuckers.

edit: here's a picture of when Phelps touches. You can see Cavic (who I swear the announcers on NBC were calling "Cabbage") still reaching out:

Comment

Swimming thread

Great 1500 freestyle just now - the great Grant Hackett tried and tried to come back, but a Tunisian, Oussama Mallouli, won. Perhaps that will take a little bit of the edge off all the very, very, very close to racist Eric the Eel shit the press comes out with every once in a while.

Comment

Swimming thread

Well, he did it. Astonishing.

Comment

Swimming thread

Almost goes without saying that there was yet another world record...

Comment

Swimming thread

Behold the transcendent power of mom's womb. One can merely bow in awe and respect.

Comment

Swimming thread

Nil Arshavin wrote:
              Stephanie Rice's boyfriend is/was Eamon Sullivan. He won silver in the 100m freestyle. They took a break to prepare for the Olympics. She's also an underwear model in her spare time. I think if any other country had a similar athlete then they would make the front page of the tabloids regularly.

Swimming in Australia gets the largest crowds of any of the international meets but I'm sure an Aussie can tell you more about the culture there.
              I'm an Aussie and I hate swimming.... when I was at school it was a sport dominated by school bullies and teachers'pets (sometimes the same person..) and I've hated it ever since.

But you are right, it gets enormous media attention here; although most of the crowds seem to be made up of the swimmers'parents, friends and relatives.

Comment

Working...
              X