Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Error? All things Rugby League, 2015

Story so far:

USA beat Jamaica 20-14,a closer game than expected.

Jamaica then almost pulled off a surprise win against Canada but the latter came back from 18-0 down after sixty minutes to draw 18-18.

So it's down to a decider on Saturday, with Canada needing to win to qualify, but a draw would be enough for USA.

Comment

The Wigan home strip doesn't appear to be too flattering. I'm not sure if it's the asymmetric hoops, the white background, the tattoos, or Tomkins' belly that's causing it.

Comment

Two new grounds in Championship 1.

Oldham to play at Stalybridge Celtic and South Wales Scorpions at Caerphilly RFC (again).

Comment

Does Stade des Minimes count as a new one as well?

The abbreviation the arrivistes use for Twitter is rather cool: TOXIII (Toulouse Olympique XIII).

Comment

Incidentally, on the mundane matter of thread management, shall we just do what has been done with the Pro Cycling and Tennis ones, and keep this thread trundling on - or do we want a 2016 one?

Comment

I was going to open a new one after Christmas, I've got a title worked out and everything...

I saw that about Oldham and thought it would make an ideal new ground / Manchester gig double header, I'll see if I can land that next year.

Comment

Ah, excellent, look forward to it!

Comment

Walt Flanagans Dog wrote: Story so far:

USA beat Jamaica 20-14,a closer game than expected.

Jamaica then almost pulled off a surprise win against Canada but the latter came back from 18-0 down after sixty minutes to draw 18-18.

So it's down to a decider on Saturday, with Canada needing to win to qualify, but a draw would be enough for USA.
                  http://m.nrl.com/us-qualify-for-rugby-league-world-cup/tabid/10874/newsid/91168/default.aspx

Comment

I'd have preferred Canada to qualify, it would be a bigger boost to Canadian RL than it will be to US RL, and it would have been more of a story in the tournament itself. Everyone assumes that the USA are a faux team made up of Australians with tenuous links to the US, and although they've not helped themselves on this front in the past, the team that won the qualifiers was mostly domestic players. They won a close qualifying tournament and deserve to be there on merit, and would have qualified earlier if their domestic game hadn't been in such a fiasco at the time.

That wraps it up for 2015, it is the last game of any great significance, we'll start all over again in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X