Colm Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colm Murray

RTE's sportscaster is out in Beijing covering the Olympics, and appears to be on a one-man mission to out-Alan Partridge Alan Partridge.

I saw one of his colour pieces the other day where he was attempting to do Tai Chi. Then he got in a taxi and much confusion ensued because the driver unhelpfully didn't pronounce "Tiananmen" the same way as he did.

There was another one of him ordering a meal in a local restaurant. "I don't think chopsticks will ever replace the good old knife and fork," he said at one point while wrestling with his food. It was like watching a Radharc documentary from the mid-1960s.

Colm Murray, of course, is the man who thinks Christian Dailly is pronounced in the French style ("Christionnn Daiyeeee"). He is famously lazy and is in the habit of strolling onto the studio set only a couple of seconds before the news bulletin goes live on air. One day, fed up with his indolence, his colleagues nicked the swivel chair from his part of the studio desk. He walked on and, realising there was nowhere for him to sit, had to do the entire sports bulletin while on his knees.

There are 40 Irish athletes at this thing. RTE have sent 60 people to cover it.

Colm Murray

I didn't realise until the other day that Northern Irish athletes can choose whether to represent GB&NI or Ireland.

Comment

Colm Murray

It can be mutually beneficial. Otherwise, our swimmers aren't good enough for the British team, theirs can't make the qualifying standard.

Comment

Colm Murray

we've been playing into ads with clips like this

Comment

Working...
        X