4 Revolutions Per Minute : Speedway 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakeside Hammers have confirmed they will still be at Arena Essex Raceway next season, which is good news. Berwick Bandits are carrying on too, there was some doubt they would.
    The rumours I'm hearing is that Lakeside Hammers will be operating out of Sittingbourne next year. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

No, they remain at Arena-Essex Raceway and Kent Kings stay at Sittingbourne. At least that is what has been publicly confirmed by both clubs.

Kent will be Len Silver's sole involvement in the sport now as he has bowed out as promoter of Rye House after a year working with new owner Warren Scott.

Comment

**Spoiler alert if you haven't watched the GP from Melbourne**

Pleased to see from his twitter feed that Jason Doyle's injuries are a lot less serious than it initially looked - that was a truly horrible fall.

Comment

Just caught up with the final few heats having seen most of it on Saturday morning. Horrible, horrible crash and Doyle appears lucky to get away with a broken vertebrae and punctured lung.

Not a great point to finish the speedway year on (but a reminder of how many riders get injured during the season) but it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

Very bad news :

Darcy Ward 'unlikely to walk again'.

Comment

My feelings on Ward are very well-known amongst friends and regulars here but this is the sort of thing you wouldn't wish on anybody. I hope he manages to find some kind of satisfying life from this point forward.

Comment

Last season, because I had a season ticket, I predominantly went to Elite League fixtures at Coventry, and not much elsewhere. This coming season I can see me doing mostly National League - the return of the Isle of Wight, the new Belle Vue stadium, and a chance to see a Coventry team at Rye House (my favourite place to watch speedway) again is the only thing that has me excited about next year.

That and the prospect of an OTFathon somewhere - maybe we'll even get BB&F! along?

Comment

As rumoured, Isle of Wight and Belle Vue return to the National League. As do the play-offs!

Comment

Saw that, good news (they've binned Tactical Rides too, are they the only league to do so?) but for the 2016 thread, Shirley?

Comment

Crap. Fuzzy head.

Comment

Working...
                      X