Hated teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hated teams

1. Both Irelands, Scotland and to an extent England. All shit teams with cringey supporters.

2. Dodgers & Giants - please move back to New York.

3. Lakers - Entitled.

4. Miami Heat - 2010-2014.

5. Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool & Man Utd - cunts.

Hated teams

Can you name any team in any sport which does not have some cringey supporters? I pretty uch think every team anywhere in the world ever has pretty much exactly the same proportion of cringey supporters as any other.

Except Franchise of course. All their fans are either cringey or deeply stupid. Or both.

Comment

Hated teams

Actually, Wales don't deserve to be lumped in with the other four, their fans are sensible.

Comment

Hated teams

Yeah you wouldn't see them invading the pitch because they scored against Andorra.

Comment

Hated teams

Or cutting their own balls off for a bet

Comment

Hated teams

hagi-stoichkov-romario wrote: 1. Both Irelands, Scotland and to an extent England. All shit teams with cringey supporters.
            You follow Chelsea. It doesn't come more excruciating than that lot.

Comment

Hated teams

A Wales rugby fan flashed his cock at me in a pub in Dublin about ten years ago. I had done nothing except walk past him to go back to my seat.

All very bizarre.

Comment

Hated teams

1980s West Indies seemed to be disliked by the public school duffers who dominated the UK cricket media back then.

Comment

Hated teams

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote:
                  Originally posted by hagi-stoichkov-romario
                  1. Both Irelands, Scotland and to an extent England. All shit teams with cringey supporters.
                  The leprechaun outfits, kilts, Great Escape theme and such are just so obnoxious though. It doesn't help that all of the teams are shite and international tournaments would be better without them.

Comment

Hated teams

This is the worst thread this year.

Comment

Hated teams

Probably; but anyway....

US Postal, Discovery and these days Sky.

Comment

Hated teams

hagi-stoichkov-romario wrote:
                        Originally posted by Selected Ambient Works 85-92
                        Originally posted by hagi-stoichkov-romario
                        The leprechaun outfits, kilts, Great Escape theme and such are just so obnoxious though. It doesn't help that all of the teams are shite and international tournaments would be better without them.
                        It's a bit rubbish, but not worth getting worked up about. Personally I'd take an entire Wembley Stadium full of WWII RAF pilots over the racism and homophobia that is prevalent in large parts of European football, particularly in the grounds, which is still generally ignored or not taken seriously by the authorities.
                        This is the trouble with petty local rivalries. Whilst fans are far more worked up about what their rivals up the road are doing or are more focused on what is happening in an adjoining country the other side of some dyke or wall built a couple of millennia ago, they are skewing the importance of issues that really do matter and through their insularity and ignorance are allowing the authorising bodies to take the easy option of ignoring the more serious problems that might prove to be too much hard work and instead focus on a group of fans waving a flag that actually highlights one of those issues.

Comment

Hated teams

hagi-stoichkov-romario wrote: The leprechaun outfits, kilts, Great Escape theme and such are just so obnoxious though. It doesn't help that all of the teams are shite and international tournaments would be better without them.
                          The leprechaun costumes are reserved strictly for international tournaments, and we have qualified for a grand total of two of them in the last 20 years, so your tolerance levels for harmless acting-the-maggot must be incredibly low.

I've been to the guts of 100 Ireland games at Lansdowne Road over the years and never seen a single person wearing leprechaun garb.

Comment

Hated teams

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote:
                            I've been to the guts of 100 Ireland games at Lansdowne Road over the years and never seen a single person wearing leprechaun garb
                            Especially for Berbaslug:

According to fifa.com, you've played 144 games in Dublin since Ambient was a lad (taking WC 1986 as my cut-off). Impressive commitment.

Comment

Hated teams

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: I've been to the guts of 100 Ireland games at Lansdowne Road over the years and never seen a single person wearing leprechaun garb.
                              That's 'cos you haven't got the gift...

Comment

Hated teams

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                                I've been to the guts of 100 Ireland games at Lansdowne Road over the years and never seen a single person wearing leprechaun garb

Ouch . . .

Comment

Hated teams

The Dodgers and Giants left New York for cities that actually gave a fig about their brilliance.

I mean, I rock my NY Giants hat now and then, but 600,000 people came in some years to watch Willie fucking Mays. The Dodgers drew barely a million in the year they won their only World Series.

I feel bad for Pete Hamill and Roger Angell and all that shit, but the Cleveland Browns or Baltimore Colts moving was clearly worse.

Comment

Hated teams

Duncan Gardner wrote:

According to fifa.com, you've played 144 games in Dublin since Ambient was a lad (taking WC 1986 as my cut-off). Impressive commitment.
                                    I've attended 120 Irish home internationals - 106 in Lansdowne Road, 11 in Croke Park, 2 in the RDS and 1 in Dalymount Park. My first was Ireland's 0-0 WC86 qualifier with Norway in April 1985. I could easily be up to 150 by now, given the number of games which took place where I declined a ticket or had one but just didn't bother going. So a ton of visits to Lansdowne Road for a mid-thirtysomething (I'm assuming SAW is roughly the same age as myself (don't know why)) is certainly possible.

Given what behaviour you can get from supporters inside of stadiums and outside in bars and cafes, anyone who develops a hatred for a team because of a few plonkers wearing leprechaun suits and turning on the paddywhackery, really needs to have a word with themselves.

Comment

Hated teams

Actually totting it up, I'd say I've been to about 85 or 86 Ireland games, beginning in 1983 with Iceland. My dad owned a newsagents and one of the regulars was a big white-haired man named Tommy who had contacts in the FAI and, therefore, an inexhaustible supply of tickets (even post-1988, when demand became huge, he always had a few to spare).

But I hardly go at all now, for various reasons. I think I was at one game during the entire Trapattoni era, the Cyprus one at Croke Park. At a certain point it becomes impossible to justify spending €50 or €60 on a ticket to watch what you know is going to be poor football.

Comment

Hated teams

By comparison, my mini-season ticket for five internationals at Windsor Park's Kop H-Block costs L145, 29 quid per game.

Comment

Hated teams

Word-for-word with VTTBoscombe on cycling

Comment

Working...
                                          X