RWC Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC Tickets

The Rugby World Cup tickets go on sale tomorrow. Are the cheap seats going to be over-subscribed for all games, or just the home nations? Quite fancy Argentina v Georgia or USA v Japan in Gloucester.

RWC Tickets

I've been looking at a screen saying "We are currently experiencing high levels of traffic and we will get you into the site as soon as we can. Please do not refresh or close this page as you will lose your place" since 9 o'clock. I think oversubscription appears likely.

Comment

RWC Tickets

You've got two weeks to put your desired tickets in, madness to try and do it on the first or last day.

Comment

RWC Tickets

I quite like the look of Georgia Tonga in Gloucster.

But yes, its a ballot so I'm going to give it a couple of days before going back

Comment

RWC Tickets

Yeah, Georgia v Tonga looks great.

That starts my odyssey, currently got tickets for the following through the club members ballot though there are a few clashes;

Tonga v Georgia
          France v Italy
          Samoa v USA
          Wales v Playoff Winner
          New Zealand v Argentina
          France v Romania
          Argentina v Georgia
          England v Wales
          Wales v Oceania 1
          Ireland v Italy
          South Africa v USA
          Australia v Wales
          QF1: W Pool B v RU Pool A
          QF4: W Pool A v RU Pool B
          SF1: WQF1 v WQF2
          Final

Comment

RWC Tickets

I hope anyone in the ballot did better than me. Failed to get anything for Gloucester and ended up with just South Africa v Samoa at Villa Park.

Comment

RWC Tickets

I went for cheaper tickets in my QFs, SF and final so I had the option of moving on my expensive ones. Got nowt, unsurprisingly.

Comment

RWC Tickets

I applied for 6 games and got nothing. Admittedly they were all London games and 3 of them were Eng games, so they were prob some of the most in-demand group games. I didn't apply for any knockout matches.

So I should get priority on the next lot of sales but I imagine there are many people in the same boat.

Comment

RWC Tickets

We applied for 3 Scotland games (2x Newcastle, 1x Leeds) and the England game in Manchester - more out of hope than expectation.

It was a forlorn hope in the end, had a slight hope they'd deliberately allocate some to non-standard country applicants and our Finnish address would help, but no joy.

As they were going to be a present for my dad and I don't really like the sport, I'm not overly upset, but would have been nice for him.

Comment

RWC Tickets

Applied for cheap tickets for both the Leeds games (Scotland v USA and Italy v Canada) and didn't get either. My sister's husband applied for eight games at a variety of locations and prices and didn't get anything, so it all makes you wonder how many tickets were actually available.

Comment

RWC Tickets

Applied for Ireland V France and the 2 QF's in Cardiff.

Got 2 x tickets for the Sunday QF in Cardiff. Just need Ireland to top the group now.

Comment

RWC Tickets

Things done changed, I was a pay at the gate punter at RWC'99.

Comment

Working...
                        X