Hundred 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundred 100

Mark Ramprakash becomes possibly the last man to score 100 first class centuries.

Hundred 100

Well done to him.

It would be sad if he is the last though. Perhaps if Ireland become a test nation . . .

Comment

Hundred 100

Naughty. Alfie Langer is an outside possibility. He needs 17 more and likes playing in England for Mummerset. Barndoorio to thread?

Comment

Hundred 100

Won't be long before the first player to smash 100 100s in Twenty20 ...

Comment

Hundred 100

I'm not sure what Langer does outside of the English game, so don't know how many fixtures he might play this winter, but he's signed up for next year for Somerset, but will miss some games to be in India. Don't think he'll play many more seasons though, so can't realistically see him scoring 17 more centuries. Though you never know...

Comment

Hundred 100

Well done to him. But people banging on about calling him for England are nuts. He's a great county player and has served faithfully for many a year, but he never quite did it at the highest level.

Good dancer though.

Comment

Hundred 100

I reckon Langer is a possibility too. I presume taunton is still a shirt front. If he were on, say, 92 or 93 when next year's contract is up, I assume he'd come back.

Comment

Hundred 100

Anyone playing county cricket from 20-38 (say) only needs to average 6 centuries a season. It's (obviously) a huge achievement and you have to be very, very good to do it, but it remains feasible.

Comment

Hundred 100

Anyone averaging anything like that many will wind up in the England team. Ramps and Hick were unusual in not being fixtures and having time to get all these runs.

Comment

Hundred 100

Well, they don't have to be English qualified, of course!

Comment

Hundred 100

Splitter.

Comment

Hundred 100

I just looked up Langer and by my count he has 106 centuries already, 83 First Class and 23 Test.

Or am I missing something here?

Comment

Hundred 100

Wouldn't the 23 test centuries be included in the first class total.

Comment

Hundred 100

don't think so, ramps has 2 test match centuries and 100 first class.

Comment

Hundred 100

Exactly.

Comment

Hundred 100

I'm not sure what point we're making here anymore.

I thought Test and First class centuries were combined, which is why Boycott got his 100th 100 in a test match (didn't he?).

But then all this fuss about Ramps means that he actually managed it a couple of months ago.

I think I'll just give up and admire the lot of them.

Comment

Hundred 100

Right, a bit of a stare at the screen and some deep breaths and i've calmed down and stopped being such a pillock.

I now agree that Langer is on 83 in all forms of first class cricket, 23 of those were in Test matches.

Comment

Hundred 100

No shame in being confused by cricket stats (don't even start me on List A for instance!)

Comment

Hundred 100

How many wickets is it in a day before there's an enquiry? The County Ground Taunton, which has seen alot of rain this week has got to 14 wickets as of 5pm.

Comment

Hundred 100

I suspect if there's going to be an enquiry this week, they'll be hot-footing it to the Riverside first (282 runs, 24 wickets so far).

Comment

Working...
                                        X