Ah, the ITV Sport guarantee of quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITV have been covering the Grand Depart stage of the Tour de France all afternoon, as it winds its way through the Yorkshire Dales. Fantastic viewing it's been, too. About an hour to go to the finish in Harrogate, with the peloton all back together.

So they shunt it off to ITV4 to go to an hour-long build-up to a World Cup semi-final between Argentina and Belgium, which even were it to involve extended highlights of those teams' meetings from 1982 and 1986 I doubt I would watch.

It's worth repeating again and again; ITV are just hopeless at covering sport, aren't they?

We were watching this on ITV, as I was told not to put on France2/3 which I always watch the tdf on 'to get the better English ambiance".

Fucking adverts.
    Soon switched back to French. Also their attempts at saying 'arrowgate' kept cracking me up; They obviously were reading out Yorkshire tourist boad crib sheets on the various sites.

French TV also need to pay the bills; but they just put up sponsor name at the top,

On the views they took though, amazing and the french were genuingly taken aback by the crowds.
    One thing I love watching the tour on fRench TV is the tourism bits they do - dwelling over some nice ruin, or lovely village,always well done.

Comment

Working...
    X