Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Chiles, fuckwit (and his ilk) (NFL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've placed this outside of the World Cup board, as it's not so much to do with (that) football and the gist of this could have happened at any time.

Basically, if you slag off the use of padding/helmets in the NFL, then you're an ignorant shit who doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about and you should shut the fuck up.

In the 1905 season, 19 young men died and 137 were injured.

Because of this, people started to try to think progressively and look for solutions to this carnage. The evolution of the padding (and the convoluted rulebook) has helped preserve the existence of the game and the lives of its protagonists.

So please - if you want to slag off the desire of the guardians of these young men to protect their offspring or the custodians of the game to protect their sport, then please feel free to shove your fragile, uninformed, fuckwitted machismo right up your arse and fuck right off while you're about it. I'm sick of hearing this shit from people who know nothing about the subject. Go and sit next to Adrian Chiles (for it is he that uttered the phrase "all that nonsense padding" this evening) on the fast train back to the primordial soup. The rest of us will make a far better job of evolving without you.

19 Football Players Died in 1905, But Calls for Reform Were Mocked

A Brief History of Football Head Injuries and a Look Towards the Future

I think most people are past the old football/football/football divides (World - American - Australian.) If there's one thing the internet has given us, it's super human highlights from every sport. The other day on NYC sports radio, a commentator said "it was pretty. It was just pretty to watch" - describing C-Ronaldo's cross for the tying Portugal goal against the USA. Wembley sells out NFL games in minutes.

It's all a bit Genie-Out-Of-The-Bottle now.

I'm worried about how the equipment is used as a weapon these days with Safety Blitzes and Head-On Collisions. I think the price is too high, and like they say about rugby, it's because players aren't protected from using their bodies as missiles it leads to more broken bones but less permanent damage.

It's getting to be like child actors: I can't imagine any responsible parent allowing their kid to play gridiron football.

Comment

I would have thought that, with all the padding that rugby players use nowadays, that sort of stupidity would have lessened by now.

Doesn't stop gridiron being a stupid sport, of course.

Comment

Working...
      X