The Decision, Part II: NBA 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I might as well start a new thread for next season, based on the bombshell that landed this morning: LeBron is will exercise his early termination option on his contract, and will become a free agent. Wade and Bosh can also opt out.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/mike-francesa-1/#

If you scroll down to "Ira Winderman" from June 24, Ira Winderman (Miami Heat beat writer) has been saying he may be doing this to force D-Wade to restructure his deal to open more cap space.

Comment

Wade needs all the cash to keep his fragmented knees working.

I hope LeBron leaves, believing the other Miami guys will move with him... only to find they sign Melo and win the whole thing again without him.

Comment

Mark Jackson preaching on a street corner in the San Fernando Valley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61kFNY8pRrs#t=12

Comment

I'm going to presume he will be trying at some point to be the Oklahoma City coach.

It will be hilarious if LeBronski goes in fact go back to Cleveland. Apparently he was on Gilbert's private jet last night.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that LeBron would have any time for Gilbert and Cleveland after how things went with The Decision. Maybe he's just doing this to fuck around with them.

Meanwhile, people in LA are going crazy over a rumored pickup at game at UCLA featuring Kobe, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Love. Except that Kevin Love definitely wasn't there. And no one saw Carmelo Anthony, but it's possible that he was there. Kobe was there for sure. I will say that I've never heard of Kobe being one of the many players (Durant was here today) who work out at UCLA during the summer, so there might be something going on if he was there.

Comment

I can't believe that it really looks like LeBron is going back to Cleveland. After the jersey burnings. After their shitty petulant owner wrote that stupid letter in fucking Comic Sans saying that they'd win a championship before he ever did. One of their lousy teams actually got to a championship series because of him. Mike Brown has a NBA Finals appearance because of him. One of the greatest players of all time played for one of their loser teams, and they acted like spoiled children when he had the nerve to decide to play for a team with better players and finally leave that godforsaken part of the country. Some clothing line in Cleveland even have designed these shirts if he returns:

As if he needs to give any of those ungrateful fucks an apology. What huge balls and tiny brains they must have to think that they deserve to be handing out forgiveness.

I may be more pissed off at him if he goes back than I was after the farce that was The Decision. Unless this is all an epic troll job of Cleveland, in which case I say bring it on. Make Scott Raab choke on his own rage.

Comment

Between him and Dave Chapelle (who gave up one of the more legendary tv shows and billions of dollars to tend to a farm there,) are there any greater Ohio patriots ?

Comment

Comment

jason voorhees wrote: Between him and Dave Chapelle (who gave up one of the more legendary tv shows and billions of dollars to tend to a farm there,) are there any greater Ohio patriots ?
                    Car tyre people I guess and the bloke who runs Victoria's Secret.

Comment

Playing alongside Anthony Bennett just too good to pass up.

Now, if the Cavs get Kevin Love, I'll really hate that CP3 trade killing mortgage king fuckface Dan Gilbert.

Comment

His letter/column is actually very good, and about as far from "The Decision" as one could get.

I hope he gets a ring in Cleveland.

Comment

http://comehomelebron.com/

I DEMAND a COMIC SANS LETTER FROM THE OWNER OF THE WASHINGTON GENERALS

Comment

Carmelo is only deciding between Chicago and New York, but the Rockets are trading Jeremy Lin and a first round pick to the Lakers, so we have that going for us.

Comment

LeBron James' return could muck up 2016 GOP convention

Still seems a bit odd to hold it in Cleveland, but anything to keep Ohio red I guess.

Glad to see Lebron go back to Cleveland. If he helps the Cavs win a title then his greatness (not that it is needed) will be absolutely confirmed.

Comment

Well, now I'm more amused: the Rockets sent Lin and a first round pick to the Lakers for cash and the vague "rights to an overseas player," all in the hopes of clearing up salary cap space to sign Chris Bosh.

Bosh has decided to stay in Miami, Carmelo isn't interested in the Rockets, and they didn't get LeBron. The first round pick the Lakers are getting might be better than I previously thought.

Comment

If LeBron wins a title in Cleveland I'm reminded of what Fabio Caressa said about Maradona:

"Maradona in Naples is God. In fact, he's more than God, because he's a God you can see."

Comment

I got the sports page in the NY Times today, and saw it was completely blank. I was wondering if it had something to do with the 3rd place game, then saw one of those crappy transaction things in the middle. Once I saw the yellow, I said "brilliant."

Comment

I don't like it--I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                      X