Hockey World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hockey World Cup

As well as the football, there's the finals of the (field) hockey World Cup this weekend being played at Den Haag's stadium.

It's not always a great televisual sport - especially the men's game which is fast and furious - but I admit to finding the women rather easy on the eye. And the Argentines have a great, classic kit to boot (3rd place game v USA).

Expecting the Dutch to steamroll the Aussie women in their final today, but the Oz men to prevail over the hosts tomorrow.

Details of games and other tournament info here.

Hockey World Cup

England's Men did very well to get to the Semis, having been humped by the Aussies. The Belgians are the coming force of the hockey world, so beating them in a match where they only needed a draw was a significant result. No shame in losing to the Dutch in the Semis, although presumably frustration. At least it wasn't 9-2 this time.

A polite veil will be drawn over the campaign of the English women.

Comment

Hockey World Cup

As predicted, the Dutch ladies won the final 2-0. Glad to see some interest in this tournament on OTF.

Comment

Hockey World Cup

The Netherlands took the lead in the men's final, but Australia have taken over control and scored two, narrowly leading with six minutes to play in the first half.

Comment

Hockey World Cup

I saw the US women took fourth, which isn't bad. Most of them are from Pennsylvania or New Jersey and there's a girl who plays for Penn a State who was in the pool but didn't make it this time. I'd watch it if were on out TV.

Comment

Hockey World Cup

Australia didn't give up control. Instead, they destroyed the Dutch team. Final score: a fully justified 6-1.

Comment

Hockey World Cup

A fantastic achievement, considering there is very little interest in hockey in Australia. Charlesworth has been a really good coach, but is retiring now.

Comment

Working...
              X