The Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Players

If I could ever love a man, I think it might be Martin Kaymer. 2 rounds in a Ryder Cup style bear pit with US Wunderkind, Jordan Spieth, and still as cool as a Konkommer, having not really been so for a while.

Speith is obviously a massive talent, but maybe a tad iffy if he gets a bit of really bad luck? He had lots of little bits of luck yesterday.

Possibly a magical Sergio moment to come (this really seems to be his definitive tournament), but it would be great to see Kaymer come through.

Whatever happens, I love The Players, almost as much as The Masters. The last 2 holes are, to use a cliche, pretty iconic (even if the favourable weather has dampened them a bit this year).

Still, Storm brewing.

The Players

Ooh. Is it at Sawgrass?

Comment

The Players

Yup, as ever. Storm break is playing on Magnificent Martin's nerves. 1 up on Furik (clubhouse) with the nasty last 3 to play. Light fading.

Comment

The Players

Well, he did it. Just. That 17th never disappoints.

Comment

The Players

Kaymer's making a habit of winning big events - his wins now include a major, a WGC event and the Players. There's not many can say they've won one each of them.

Comment

The Players

In fact, a quick check suggests, only three - Woods, Mickelson and Scott. (The WGCs began in 1999).

Comment

Working...
            X