My lovely horse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lovely horse.

What's going on in America? Is some horse REALLY up for the Triple Crown, or is the advertising geared to the winner of the... Kentucky Derby?

Anyone know/care?

Oh, and I LOVE the Preakness. Good horses win there.

My lovely horse.

Apparently the Kentucky Derby winner, California Chrome will run in the Preakness , and presumably, if he wins on Saturday, the demand to go in the Belmont would become irresistible. Strange no-one tries for the English version anymore - Camelot was the only attempt since 1970.

Comment

My lovely horse.

He's completed the double - the Triple Crown's still on.

Comment

My lovely horse.

Rode: Oh So Sharp won it*, but because she is/was (I hope she is still alive!) female, it didn't count.

Vague memories of tales about the Belmont... isn't there something weird about it? Mad turn, or something?

*Guineas, Oaks, Leger.

Comment

My lovely horse.

Gero - Just looked at Trevor Montague's Sports Book, seems mares can enter all the classics, but she won the 2,000 Guineas instead of the 1,000.

Comment

My lovely horse.

There is noise about whether the horse can wear a nose-strip at Belmont that it wore in the last two races.

Comment

My lovely horse.

The state authorities ruled today that there are no longer any limitations on such nose strips in New York (thereby joining most other states).

I'm sure that Robbie Fowler will be backing California Chrome in the Belmont.

The "thing" about the Belmont is that it is long (by American standards). A mile and a half, basically the only time that three year olds will race at that distance. The Kentucky Derby is a mile and a quarter and the Preakness a mile and 3/16.

Comment

Working...
              X