Rugby Union 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby Union 2013-14

The NZ-England game was one of the best tour games I've seen in years. England could have had a bigger HT lead, then Ben Smith did a great save/score double. 20 mins of quality in the second half won the game for the ABs.

Some strange decisions, Farrell's sin-bin and the try referred upstairs.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

6-0 to Australia, France made ten changes and really had their moments with some half chances. The last five saw France nearly make the break that could have given them a win.

Next week could be a good game with France playing for pride and Australia looking forward to the Rugby Championship/Four Nations.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Boks completely dominating Wales in Durban.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

ursus arctos wrote: Boks completely dominating Wales in Durban.
          Dominated. Wales completely outclassed by a Southern Hemisphere team again.

Not looking good for the World Cup after today's games.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

I know I'm late but

USA 6
            Scotland 24.

We were seriously crap.

And then today in Los Angeles,

USA 29
            Japan 37.

Jesus.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Ireland narrowly beat Argentina and Scotland squeak by Canada.

Didn't know that USA Japan was even being played, were they full strength teams?

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Yes, the match was part of the Pacific Nations Cup.

Japan next play Italy, who have lost away to Samoa and Fiji this month.

The US plays Canada in Sacramento.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

That was carnage for us yesterday, the first half especially. Outclassed and outthought by a vastly superior side.

I've written off any hope of getting out of the group for the WC already. I've got tickets for all Wales games and possible games but best just to try and enjoy the tournament in of itself rather than for partisan reasons. Choosing seeds for the groups 3 years ahead of the tournament did for us anyway.

More important that we try and sort out the shambles that is the wider game in Wales, the relative success at the top in recent years has distracted us.

Oh and Oxford Wanderers (the rugby team formally known as London Welsh) can go fuck themselves too.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Gatland has criticised the fitness levels of the players, yet we shipped points early. He also hauled off Adam Jones after praising him during the week.

The lack of a genuine openside really hurt us yesterday but even with a full strength side we would have been blown away.

Some big calls need to be made now regarding Jenkins, Jones and Phillips. All three of them have reached their sell buy date.

The fact that the chip over the three quarter line kept killing us shows again that we cannot change and move away from a game plan that obviously isn't working, to blame it on the sin binning of Roberts is a cope out.

I would definitely give Hook a full 80 minutes at 10 and see what he can do. Matthew Morgan at 15 is also another chance that has to be taken.

Plus the wholesale changes up front that need to be made so that we can have a functioning set piece and restart.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Ireland narrowly beat Argentina and Scotland squeak by Canada.
                      I was watching these simultaneously. Argentina got a late try, which made it look closer than it was; Ireland won quite comfortably, to be honest.

Scotland were pretty lucky; they were two points ahead with a coupld of minutes left, and Canada had a penalty coming in front of their posts when a Canadian was red-carded for leading with the elbow (I thought he was trying to get his arm free to make a hand-off) and the penalty overturned.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Thanks for clearing those results up Toro Toro.

Scotland travel to Argentina next before crossing to finish off their summer tour in South Africa.

Have Ireland got another game?

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

That's it, as far as I know.

Emerging Ireland are playing in the IRB nations cup in Bucharest at the moment. They had a completely pointless outing against Russia at the weekend, which they won 66-0. That's a hefty thumping at the best of times, but the game was abandoned after 45 minutes owing to a thunderstorm...

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Literally a pointless outing for Russia.

I noticed today that London Welsh have released 25 players from their promotion winning team, which I presume is getting on for most of their squad. I take it this is because of the gap in standards between the Premiership and Championship, but doesn't suggest they'll offer much next season as they presumably replace this lot with mostly cast offs from other Premiership sides or whoever took Worcester down last season.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Ironically, their has been talk of them taking players like Dwayne Peel and Anthony Perenise on a season's loan from Bristol.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

New Zealand blew England away in the first half, 29-6 at half time.

England came out firing and scored early doors and continued to pressurise NZ.

Into the last quarter with the score still at 29-13, England refuse to crack and NZ will really want to put them to the sword with a view to next year's RWC.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

It ends 36-13, the hooter blows and NZ could have kicked it off the park to end the game. They didn't and instead ran it in for Savea to get his hat-trick.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

England retain the Junior Rugby World Cup with a single point victory over South Africa. Back to back champs bitches!

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

A beautiful day today and after last week I thought what's the point of watching Wales South Africa, really regretting it now.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Barnstorming finish in Nelspruit.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

One of the times I've iterally felt sick at the end of a sports match. Horrible end but we were culpable again. The fragility we show when trying to close out games against SH opposition is maddening and the monkey on our back will only get bigger.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Gatland has said he has no complaints over the winning penalty try.

I am now glad I was out, managed to find ten minutes of Radio Wales commentary with Martyn Williams convinced that South Africa couldn't come back. As a side who's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on numerous occasions against Australia I thought he was a bit premature with that.

This false hope now leading into the RWC is going to be a killer.

Comment

Rugby Union 2013-14

Ian Evans was meant to be leaving the Ospreys to join Toulon, they cancelled his contract and it seemed like the WRU would step in and he would remain in Wales. There was also a rumour of a move to Exeter Chiefs.

He did move to England in the end, to Bristol.

He was also expected to play against South Africa on Saturday, he didn't even make the match day 22.

I wonder how connected these two decisions were.

Comment

Working...
                                              X