Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Fantasy Hockey 2013-14

Hi folks.

The NHL season is just around the corner (much as fans of rebuilding teams who'll get beaten most nights like mine wish it wasn't), and that means it's time to prove we mere mortals can do it better. We could all pretty much do better than the Edmonton front office, after all.

I have renewed the Yahoo Sports OTF hockey league from last year. I hope that this time the returning GMs get an email inviting you back, there seemed to be some sort of glitch last year. Previous managers from 2011-12 are welcome, as are entirely new players. The more the merrier.

League ID: 57571
    Password: otfhockey

I'll leave a recap the scoring rules for another day, but I have set the draft for Saturday, September 28th at 9pm UK time (4pm ET, 1pm PT if you're this side of the Atlantic).

Same rules apply: standard snake draft, drafting order to be determined by Yahoo on the day. If you can't be present on the day of the draft, the autodraft will take care of it for you.
    I'll wait to see how many players enter before I decide on roster sizes, but I've set it as 12 forwards, 4 defence and 2 goalies for now.

Roll up, roll up! All welcome.

Signed up...the email renewal thing appears to have worked fine this time.

Comment

Good stuff. Strange that it didn't work last year.

Scoring rules reminder:

Skaters:
      Goal 1 pt
      Assist 1 pt
      Power play goal 1 pt
      Power play assist 1 pt
      Short-handed goal 2 pts
      Short-handed assist 2 pts
      Game winning goal 1 pt

Goalies:
      Win 2 pts
      Save 0.1 pts
      Goal against -1 pt
      Shutout 4 pts

(Goalie scoring is designed to penalise indifferent goalies behind sides that rack up lots of wins, whilst rewarding good performances in losing efforts)

Everybody welcome.

Comment

I'm prepared to have a gamble on utterly failing to replicate what the Blackhawks did last season...

Comment

Hmm, though I appear to be unable to find the league on my phone. Although that could be my fault. Any chance of an email invite? May be easier to join that way...

Comment

Here's the link for the league.

Edit: The league is now set to public, so you should all be able to see it now. If not, I'll have to start sending out email invitations.

Comment

Now, I'm prepared to admit my own stupidity here but I can now see the league but can't work out how to join it. I know I ought to know this...have checked it in the list of public leagues too but couldn't see it for that draft time/date

Comment

Actually I'd quite like to join, but I'm in the same boat as Danger mouse. This makes no sense.

Comment

I noticed that when I set up a football league on Yahoo this year, I was never asked to create a password to give to others to put in along with the league code so they could join. I don't know if they did away with that, and everyone has to get an email invite to join, or what. Same story when I tried to set up a basketball league yesterday, I didn't have time to look into it to find out if there was just something I missed, but I couldn't find it at all under Commissioner Tools.

Comment

Ah, thanks Inca, yes I can see that there's now no password on the league settings.

Edit: found this through google. It was referring to fantasy football, so I suppose it's the same for the other sports too.

Joining a renewed league: If you are taking over or renewing a team that was in the league last year, you will receive an email from the league commissioner. You must click on the custom link in that email in order to take ownership of your team.
                    - You must accept the invite sent from the commissioner in order to join the league and take your team over again. You no longer will have the ability to join the league using the league number and password.

So DM, ad hoc (and anyone else that wants in): if you'd like to send me a private message with an email address, I'll try and send an invite that way

Comment

DM for Jeff.

Comment

Invitation sent.

Comment

Hurrah! Looks like it's worked...See you Saturday

Comment

Yep, I got a confirmation email that you're in.

So anyone else who would like to join in, just send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you an invitation.

Comment

Count me in, please.

Comment

Super. Send me a PM with your email and I'll add you.

Comment

Have asked a friend from fantasy baseball leagues if he wants in. Will let you know

Comment

Cheers DM, just got your message. Have sent him the link. That makes eight, with at least one more of last year's teams to renew.

The number of teams is still set for 12, so more room yet. I can expand it further if necessary, though the risk of ending up with an Alberta-based goalie who'll get lit up most nights is greatly increased for someone...

Comment

Make this a keeper league next year.

Comment

Not convinced about that. There's been a reasonable turnover of teams in the three seasons so far, and it's a disincentive for new participants to enter if the top players aren't available.

So friendly reminder for any people out there that want to enter: draft this coming Saturday. If you can't make the draft, the Yahoo website will autodraft for you.

Send me a private message and I'll email you the invitation.

Comment

Hockey coverage in the UK is so poor that I confess I wouldn't be inclined to join a keeper league as I just can't keep up - plus I've got enough on with trying to work out baseball/football keepers. Which is a shame, but hopefully Premier Sports will expire sooner rather than later and maybe BT will pick it up. He says with no confidence whatsoever....

Comment

Urgent DM coming for Jeff...

Comment

Done.

Second reminder for any last-minute entrants. If you'd like in, send me a DM.

Any of last year's managers who haven't renewed, get your skates on...

Comment

And, after being so close on a number of occasions, the Beige City Rollers finally surge to a glorious championship win.

Comment

Cheers. After two or three years of being the bridesmaid, I was waiting to see which new interesting way defeat would be snatched from the jaws of victory this year.

I still can't believe last year's final day where half my roster was rested by their real life coaches ahead of the playoffs...

Hopefully see you all in September/October

Comment

Working...
                                                  X