No announcement yet.

Swiss bliss? Cav’s record? Pro cycling 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And 20yo Isaac del Toro, who took a stage of the TDU is positively geriatric by comparison.

Another enjoyable Mallorcan race (no. 4) but Vlasov is a bloody annoying rider. Marc Soler* attacks with 1km to the finish, and Vlasov’s instinctive reaction is to turn and look at the rest of the group. And gets what he deserves after complaining because the organisers had the audacity to give Race 3 a downhill finish. Scandalous.

*Like longeared said, it’s early season.

Comment

Cracking finish to the men’s Cadel race, won by a doddering 21 year old.

Comment

If you're outside Europe this might be of use. The schedule lower down will be updated as things develop:

Comment

I'm guessing my existing Sky/Eurosport channel will get what it used to...so was more taken by the article about Tour photographers- I would've loved spotting that Forvil ad, too

Comment

In the unlikely event anyone has access to the closing kms of Stage 4 of Etoiles de Bessèges it’s a really heartwarming finish.
            Last edited by Sits; 04-02-2024, 00:48.

Comment

Meilleur que rien

Comment

Thanks. On the feed I got they included his wonderful reaction.

Even Carlton Kirby couldn’t spoil it.

Comment

Cyclocross Worlds this weekend, Zoe Backstedt has just bossed the women's under 23 race for another rainbow jersey. Britain's second medal of the championships after Cat Ferguson took silver in the junior race yesterday. Femie van Empel predictably won the women's elite, men go in an hour or so where van der Poel is red hot favourite. On the BBC red button for those in the UK.

Comment

Racing all over the place these past few days. Mostly .1 level but the women’s UAE is on and SD Worx appear to have picked up where they left off. At men’s .Pro level there was à desperately needed win for Caleb Ewan in Stage 1 of Oman while in the Figeiria Classic, Evenepoel kicked off his season by riding away from everyone with 50km to go.

Elsewhere Mads Pedersen is hoovering up all of Tour de la Provence, Cav got his first win of the season in Antalya and Ben O’Connor got a win more desperately needed than Ewan’s in the Murcia one day.

Comment

Cavendish' win was in Colombia, not Antalya.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                        Cavendish' win was in Colombia, not Antalya.
                        Oops, too many races.

Comment

Messy sprint finish to the opening stage of the UAE Tour just now, Sam Bennett barged shoulders with somebody, lost momentum and the knock on caused a crash behind which blocked the road. There was an Astana rider on the ground, suspect that may have been Cavendish. In the actual sprint Gaviria and Molano went too early and Tim Merlier came from miles back to take the win. Pleased to see Dubai Sports are offering the free stream with that magnificent commentator once again.

Comment

Excellent win for Ben O'Connor on Jebel Jais - Decathlon did a two up attack just before the red kite and he managed to hang on from a charging Jay Vine behind. UAE did a lot of work all the way up the climb but they'll have at least kept McNulty in the lead. A less good day for Adam Yates who was a long way down and abandoned with 10k left.

Comment

That’s O’Connor’s second win already this season. It’s good to see him doing well again after a tough couple of seasons and getting a pretty rough ride in Unchained.

Meanwhile I only realised today that Omloop is almost upon us!

Comment

Men's season starts today, very nice. I heard that Mads Pedersen has been going well in warm-up races, so I'm tipping him.

Comment

The deal puts her on par with only Jonas Vingegaard, raises the game for women's cycling and may mean Demi Vollering will leave SD Worx.

Comment

Less concentration of talent at SD Worx will be good for the sport.

Comment

Not having paid attention for a while I'm having a hard job recognising riders, so it's good to see ELB at the front in her Italian champ's kit.

Comment

This season's kits don't help

Comment

Class is permanent.

Comment

So in attempting to catch up the Omloops on Tiz this morning I got blocked from the site. Then noticed Eurosport had (short) free highlights. So these are the scraps those of us in the wrong geographies feed off. At least both final 5ks were good, especially the women’s.

Comment

These are on YouTube and available in the post-GCN US as well

https://www.youtube.com/@EurosportCycling

Comment

Yes they’re the ones. The headlines complete the double whammy by being patronising. “Brilliant win!” etc.

Bastards.

Comment

UAE Tour has just finished. It can be difficult to make a move stick on Jebel Hafeet but Lotto's Lennert van Eetvelt managed it, countering Michael Storer with a couple of k left and taking advantage of Pello Bilbao and Ben O'Connor trying to make each other chase. He absolutely hammered it all the way to the line, and managed to get enough of a gap that he wound up taking the overall by two seconds from O'Connor. Decathlon Ag2r making the pace on a World Tour summit finish isn't something I had on my bingo card for the year but they were doing it for some distance, and managed to drop race leader Jay Vine in doing so.

Comment

Then Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne was a very different type of race to yesterday - van Aert forced a group clear miles from the finish, they got three minutes gap and WvA comfortably beat Tim Wellens and Oier Lazkano in the sprint. Lazkano is that rare beast, a Spanish classics rider. Guess he's a Basque with a name like that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X