Chelmsford 123? - County Cricket 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelmsford 123? - County Cricket 2023

The 123rd county championship is coming up and Wisden has told me to make sure my address is correct.

Sussex made tickets to day two of their Durham match free (it's good Friday) and have just announced that they've all been taken.

​​​​​​

Are they playing Surrey - MCC somewhere?

Comment

It doesn't look like it. Surrey are playing Sussex and Middlesex as their preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
        Sussex made tickets to day two of their Durham match free (it's good Friday) and have just announced that they've all been taken.

​​​​​​
        I'm irrationally pleased to read this. I have no interest in either team, but I always felt that a lot of counties would benefit from having a bunch of zero-cost-ticket days which gets otherwise largely empty championship games to have atmosphere, have kids enjoying going to matches, and making a ton more in beer and merch sales than they ever would in ticket sales.

Comment

I had completely forgotten where everyone finished last year. All I remember about Gloucestershire was that they started well and had a lovely jumper.

I completely forgot/missed that they got relegated

Comment

I had completely forgotten where everyone finished last year.
            It may come as a complete surprise but Leicestershire finished bottom without a win. Still, this white elephant will no doubt focus matters off of the pitch - Leicestershire County Cricket Club reveals plans for redevelopment - BBC News

Comment

Where does Loughborough University get all their money from?

Leicester aren't chasing England games are they?

Comment

Where does Loughborough University get all their money from?

Leicester aren't chasing England games are they?
                The capacity will be too small. Those that know Grace Road, Milligan Road and its environment know that this has about as much chance if succeeding as Leics have of winning a trophy.

Comment

Division One

div-one.jpg

Division Two

div-two.jpg

Comment

Play in 5 games isn't terrible given the weather

Comment

Ok, we've had some play in all matches except one, Taunton being unplayable. Mohammed Abbas took 6/49 against Notts. I wish he didn't play for Hants.

Comment

Comment

They came back ok from that.

Glos' appropriation of 'Shire' is starting to grate. It's the ending of half the counties names.

Comment

So who's Sex?

Comment

Maybe the hapless Middlesex?

Time to move on from Cricinfo I think. It's just started playing full screen video ads at me.

Comment

I see that Timm van der Gugten opened both the bowling and batting for Glamorgan in their current match against Gloucestershire.

The match up of top division title favourites Lancashire and Surrey goes into the final day with Lancs on 37/0 in their second innings chasing 445 to win. If they even attempt it we’ll know that Bazball has reached epidemic proportions.

Comment

It's a minor irritation, but BBC Sounds in finally available in Sonos. Which is the speaker system I've lumbered myself with.

But, the county cricket commentary provided by BBC local radio, isn't in Sounds. It's in the BBC Sport app. Which I can't stream to the speaker from my android phone.

Edit: oh iOS can do it natively using airplay, great.

Comment

Glamorgan are going to welcome the new season by (probably) losing after leading by 239 runs on first innings.

Comment

Leicestershire!

Comment

That's a really impressive 4th innings score to win.

Comment

Well after 2 crap results for me over the weekend (RL and football) that was a most pleasant surprise.

Comment

I wonder how many times Anderson has bowled to A Cook. It can't be that many can it? He got him lbw yesterday

Comment

So
                                              Gloucestershire then

Very bad weather in Bristol or grounds for points deductions for refusing to prepare an adequate venue?

Comment

They must be using a strange pitch at the Oval, because the rope is about 10 metres from the front of the Kia stand

Comment

Match abandoned at Bristol.

The square at the Oval is very wide and they save the more central ones for England, tests and the H*****d.

I don't know what you mean by Kia stand though. If the match goes on until tomorrow I'm going to have some time to pop in and catch the end.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X