Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2023 - The groundhog said, "It Hurts, but Allen need is to Burrow for Mahomes."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL 2023 - The groundhog said, "It Hurts, but Allen need is to Burrow for Mahomes."

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 4.02.12 PM.png

...Because signing a washed-up former-Raydah QB has worked out so well in the past for Dem Saint...
    The quarterback signing could be the first domino of several to come, including what they do with Jameis Winston and Michael Thomas.

I will put this here then. Anyway - I find it hard to imagine that I could sit in sensory deprivation for four days and conclude "I should join the New York Jets". I guess the hallucinating gets wilder than I thought.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1633149507654369281?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Comment

Who could resist the chance to mentor Zach Wilson? Although I can see the ego appeal if Rodgers can help turn him into a serviceable NFL standard QB.

Incidentally, this thread should have been called "The Bradyless Bunch" (assuming he doesn't make another sacrifice to the Old Ones and return again).

Comment

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1634320435838894081?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

That is a surprisingly successful correct move by the Arlington Heights Bears.

Comment

Shockingly competent

Comment

They'll fuck it up somehow, this is the Bears we're talking about.

Comment

How old was that bloke in the picture in jv's opening post at the time it was taken. He looks about 60! And by what jv says, I'm assuming his play matched his appearance.

Comment

Stabiler was under 40 when he retired

He was known for "hard living" and used at 69

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                    How old was that bloke in the picture in jv's opening post at the time it was taken. He looks about 60! And by what jv says, I'm assuming his play matched his appearance.
                    Ken "Snake" Stabler
                    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/StabKe00.htm
                    He would have been between 37 -39 yrs old in that picture.

Looking at his stats you can see he didn't exactly shine. He had knee injuries and was very immobile. He was excellent w/ the Raiders, but he also had an all-pro offensive line, solid running backs and receivers.

I got to see him w/ the Saints vs. the Falcons at the Superdome in 1982.
                    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8301020nor.htm
                    He had a pretty good game, but I remember when he was getting rushed he'd often just quickly go to the turf to not risk further injury.

Comment

Bud Grant, dead at 95.

Last memory of him was when he was in his late 80s going for the coin toss in a polo shirt in sub-zero weather.

Comment

Also a CFL legend.
                        RIP

Comment

And a NBA Champion with the Minneapolis Lakers. In fact, he was the oldest living NBA Champion when he passed.

Remarkable athlete, great coach, respected human, Minnesota legend.

RIP

Comment

Can the Jets either trade for Aaron Rodgers or not trade for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm getting bored with it now. I want to know if my next few years as a Jets fan will be spent either cursing the fact that we wasted draft capital on a washed up has been, or watching him lead another team to the Super Bowl.

Comment

You just don't understand NFL constant "news" 365/24/7 culture

Comment

Beautiful front pages from the two Twin Cities newspapers

7C1A129B-4A56-40D6-8AAF-590BBF6577CB.jpg

153A4271-221D-4A81-9047-0A6FD25AF334.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                  Can the Jets either trade for Aaron Rodgers or not trade for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm getting bored with it now. I want to know if my next few years as a Jets fan will be spent either cursing the fact that we wasted draft capital on a washed up has been, or watching him lead another team to the Super Bowl.
                                  The Packers are bored of it too. Just as they were bored of Brett Farve dragging them through the same thing for several summers in a row. But they won’t make a bad deal just for the sake of making a deal.

“No prospective unrestricted free agent is permitted to execute a contract with a new club, though, until 4 p.m. on March 15” according to the NFL. So all the different moving parts should start to move next week.

Comment

Rodgers has turned into Favre, just with added woo, which is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                      Rodgers has turned into Favre, just with added woo, which is hilarious.
                                      Less larceny, though.

Now we've signed Lazard from the Packers.

The current Twitter meme is that Rodgers is holding down three jobs-

Quarterback for the Packers
                                      GM for the Jets
                                      Owner of the Bears

Comment

https://twitter.com/WynnBET/status/1636055452571123712?s=20

Comment

We've signed Chuck Clarke, a safety, from the Ravens. Frankly, his name sounds like someone who would have been on the Colts roster in the 60s.

Comment

I missed this last year

https://twitter.com/thiccgenius/status/1504484020096098314

Comment

Hallelujah.

2nd to news of him dying, at least.

Comment

Five players suspending for gambling on games, including 3 suspended for the entire 2023 season.

https://twitter.com/85mf/status/1649435636485484546

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                  Five players suspending for gambling on games, including 3 suspended for the entire 2023 season.

https://twitter.com/85mf/status/1649435636485484546
                                                  I think this sort of thing is more to protect the integrity of the betting markets than the integrity of the NFL. Unless they bet on games they were actually playing in, of course, but they're not accused of that.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X