No announcement yet.

T20 Franchise Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC needed to field flawlessly to defend this total and as another misfield goes for four, they haven't been close.

Comment

Hang on, still some work to do. But Kerr should be good enough to get close to the finish here.

Comment

Oh goodness, you've got to stop that going for four.

Comment

That was a great antepenultimate over to keep it still alive.

Comment

Don't ask me for the lotto numbers.

Comment

18 year old Alice Capsey attempting to defend five from the final over...!

Comment

Decent final and the right team win. Player of the tournament, maybe Wong, but maybe it should be Sciver-Brunt? She's been on a different level.

Comment

My Team of the Tournament

Verma (Delhi)
                  Matthews (Mumbai)
                  Sciver-Brunt (Mumbai)
                  McGrath (UP)
                  Harris (UP)
                  Kerr (Mumbai)
                  Kapp (Delhi)
                  Y Bhatia (Mumbai)
                  Wong (Mumbai)
                  Ecclestone (UP)
                  Ishaque (Mumbai)

Team of the Tournament (only 4 overseas players allowed - no Australians!)
                  Verma
                  Matthews
                  Sciver-Brunt
                  Kaur (Mumbai)
                  Kerr
                  Y Bhatia
                  Patil (RCB)
                  Vastrakar (Mumbai)
                  Wong
                  Pandey (Delhi)
                  Ishaque

Comment

Coach of the tournament is a no brainer.

https://twitter.com/NickFriend1/status/1640042644037332993?s=20

Comment

Delhi actually won 3 out of 4 phases of the game. Shame about the 4th phase.

https://twitter.com/crickether/status/1640039844435853313?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/timwig/status/1641051055352954882?t=66568fy92Mva1w9N29Ze1g&s=19

This is interesting to me. Where does the money in cricket go?

Comment

To the owners.

The IPL franchises are cash cows.

Comment

It uses to be the BCCI and the IPL itself that made the money, most individual teams lost money up until 2018. But now everyone makes money.

Comment

Yes, as reflected in the fact that the latest franchises cost an order of magnitude more than the early ones

Also worth noting that the North American examples are all the result of real collective bargaining

Comment

Kane Williamson looks to have suffered a potentially serious knee injury attempting a leaping catch at the boundary for Gujarat

Comment

Good thing for Gujarat that they can sub him out. Less good news for Williamson and NZ.

Comment

I've taken against Gujurat on account of them playing at the Modi-dome. Though I could watch Rashid Khan bowl all day. And Chennai's Gaikwad - who I'd never seen before - looks a hell of a top-order batter, clean and aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                      I've taken against Gujurat on account of them playing at the Modi-dome. Though I could watch Rashid Khan bowl all day. And Chennai's Gaikwad - who I'd never seen before - looks a hell of a top-order batter, clean and aggressive.
                                      And owned by coal pollution giant, Adani.

Comment

Why on earth are CSK playing Stokes purely as a batsman?

Comment

To protect him/guard against injury?

Comment

I mean why play him as a pure batter when he's not very good at T20 batting. I understood why England picked him, as talisman and an extra bowling option, but an IPL team should have much better options. That said, I've just looked at the CSK squad and it is light on overseas batting talent.

Comment

Gujarat are a classic team of appealing players with appalling owners.

Comment

Stokes is a bit of a PSG signing, to put it in football terms - bought because "he's box office".

Comment

Consecutive last ball wins by the chasing team in the last two IPL matches.

Rinku with 30 off the last five balls (with 28 needed by KKR) yesterday, Pooran with 62 off 19 to give Lucknow the win today.

Comment

Make that three last ball wins in succession, as Mumbai beat Delhi

Comment

Working...
                                                    X