Clear All

I enjoyed this https://derailleur.substack.com/p/tu...m_medium=email

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Thomas leading out Cavendish
      And what a leadout it was.

Comment

Ride London Classique Stage 3

Nice to see a bike race for the first time since the Harrogate Worlds, and equally nice to see the road closures wind up some of the locals who couldn't possibly wait two minutes for the race to pass. I walked a fair chunk of the circuit so got to see it in a variety of locations, the photo is from near St Paul's tube station on the second lap. A break got clear before the peloton rolled and wiped it out. A pair of Canyon SRAM riders sprinted against each other at the finish, honestly that team has the collective tactical brainpower of a jelly. Said "well done Pfeiffer" to Megan Jastrab. Said "well done Anna" to Anna Henderson. Saw Eddie Izzard.

Comment

Nice pic longeared, sounds good.

Comment

More pelting rain at the Dauphiné (which is in Auvergne today)

Comment

Super exciting finish to the Dauphiné stage. I do believe Herregodts did an Orpheus. He looked back three times in the last kilometre and I think he might have won had he not done that, the looking back must surely slow a rider down slightly.

Comment

I had the same thought, but also wondered if he just had nothing left and was getting a bit of energy from the chase.

I was glad that he finished third and wasn't completely overtaken by the peleton.

Comment

Yes, great finish, albeit sad for him.

And meanwhile, Jumbo.

Comment

I thought it was a fine hometown decision to give the combativity prize to (French) Dorian Godon rather than (not French) Herregodts.

Comment

ASO gonna ASO

Comment

Someone pointed out that Herregodts got a lot of assistance from the camera moto, and that this appears to be a growing issue.

Comment

Is this on Eurosport in the UK?

It is only on Peacock here because of their deal with ASO, but I have just discovered that we are only getting USian commentary on weekends, and are getting an ASO World Feed for the other stages.

Comment

Yes, Eurosport. Carlton and Brian on comms.

Speaking of Eurosport, I have a subscription but I can't recall the last time I had to actually sign in to watch anything. So it's entirely possible that Eurosport is free to watch on the website.

Comment

Geoblocked here, alas

Comment

ITV have got nightly highlights as usual so I'm watching the race via that. It's nice to see a properly edited programme that tells the story of the stage with considered analysis rather than the butterknife edit and studio bantzing that we had to endure from Discovery during the Giro.

Comment

On GCN we didn’t get the actual sprint, just the slow-mo. Unless I blinked. On the other hand it meant I was spared the Kirby hysteria.

Wonderful to see the winner back on the top step.

Comment

Impressive win today

Comment

Aye, that was the statement Vingegaard needed after his modest time trial performance. That's given him sufficient margin to assume he'll win the race overall, though I'd imagine he'll want to demonstrate his superiority again by winning on one of the weekend summit finishes and give Pog more to think about on his Sierra Nevada training camp.

Gaudu on the other hand did his best to dampen down expectations and pressure for next month. Lenny Martinez finished with the leaders group which was an impressive performance for a teenager.

Comment

I prefer the Dauphiné yellow jersey to the Tour one. Shade of yellow, contrasting blue line. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                          Aye, that was the statement Vingegaard needed after his modest time trial performance. That's given him sufficient margin to assume he'll win the race overall, though I'd imagine he'll want to demonstrate his superiority again by winning on one of the weekend summit finishes and give Pog more to think about on his Sierra Nevada training camp.

Gaudu on the other hand did his best to dampen down expectations and pressure for next month. Lenny Martinez finished with the leaders group which was an impressive performance for a teenager.
                                          But most importantly Guillaume Martin is tenth on GC, less than three minutes down! Come on man, fly that COFIDIS flag.

Comment

Busy morning for Groupama FDJ. They've announced part of their Tour team and the headlines are that Pinot is in while Demare isn't. Not so much looking forward to the stage myself where Pinot is in the break all day and then gets overhauled for the win right on the finish line by Vingegaard and Pog. Unclear where he is going to feature alongside Gaudu given the way the latter was going like a bag of spanners in the Dauphine, although the way that he seemed to get worse throughout the race suggested he might have been sick. Then Lenny Martinez has gone and won the Ventoux Challenge, a race that got shortened because weather. He didn't have a hugely impressively field to beat but even so that's a substantive win. He's still a teenager.

Comment

And Biniam Girmay is back in form, in time for the Tour.

Comment

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1669237382623682560?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Another seven riders have since been excluded after the review of additional footage.

Comment

That’s just so stupid.

Comment

Two bad crashes on the final descent in the Tour de Suisse stage. Gino Mäder’s situation sounds especially serious. https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gin...-suisse-crash/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X