No announcement yet.

The Clocks Tick Down to Paris - Rugby 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/sixnationsrugby/status/1621921828917616641?s=61&t=PixTptjhGGbohwr8Jt-YDw

Comment

I'll applaud vdM's directness for that try but there were FIVE missed tackles from the English that made it and his shit defensive positioning has gifted Malins both of his scores.

Where to start with our fucking performance today, making a spluttering Irish team look like world-beaters.

Dickson reffed with the myopic ineptitude befitting the man who missed Farrell's headshot the other week and ignored Marler taking the piss out of a player's mother when she was undergoing cancer treatment but it only increased the margin of defeat.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-02-2023, 18:18.

Comment

Who's the commentator in the England v Scotland game? The voice is very familiar, but I don't know whose it is.

Comment

I think it's Miles Harrison on ITV.

Comment

What is up with the officials today? The touch judge and TMO failing to overrule the ref to tell him that Russell kick bounced before it went out was criminal.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-02-2023, 18:27.

Comment

Oh come on Scotland. Beating this England team is another slap in the face for Tory cunts. And I'm from Gloucester.

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

Scotland looked good, you could see how they were trying to play. England didn't.

Wales versus England could be the wooden spoon match.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                    They’ve been the two best Celtic nations for the last 20 years, arguably the two best nations in the tournament period, and have played a lot of big games.

I also think some of the Welsh fans consider the Irish to be a bit Johnny-come-latelys to rugby (which is unquestionably true) and rather smug without being particularly knowledgable (which may not be true, depending on who you ask).
                    Ray rather has that attitude towards the provincial sides, presumably because he regards them as franchises without the history of the traditional Welsh clubs.

Comment

AWJ ruled out of the Scotland game with an HIA. Tomas Francis a doubt with a calf injury.

Are Jake Ball and Cory Hill fit and available?

Comment

I am sick to fucking death of people wanking on about how Farrell is a world class fly half who should start at 10 every match for England.

He's not. He's an efficient cog in a mighty Saracens machine, but every Test level coach he's ever played with has dropped him from the fly half shirt, usually to inside centre because he can't get it done, but his intangible leadership, angry face and mighty boot are essential.

And then, for England, he STILL stands in the 10 channel all the time, and the only player who had been able to tell him to fuck off out of it is Ford.

The Scots played well, but I think England blew it, they were getting the upper hand and when we kept the ball in hand we made big holes and overloaded the Scottish defence, which happened for all three tries.

But bringing Ben fucking Youngs and Earl on really did it. JVP and Dombrandt both had curate's egg games, JVP was kicking too long but was getting the ball out quickly, Dombrandt played a key role in two of England's tries with runs from deep to bust the line and tie up defenders but also had an attack of the dropsies. But Youngs immediately turned everything to complete sludge and Earl should have come on for Curry as we lost ball carrying power.

I hate Ben Youngs. 40 caps too many.

Comment

Why has the box kick become the absolute default move from a ruck for scrum halves now? I've lost track of how many games Wales have thrown away from them being returned with interest but everyone does it.

Varney just gave France the opening try with a real dumb one, he was trying for an attacking chip in his own half but did so with no cover and was charged down for an easy run to the lime for Flament.

Comment

France showing under-5s grounding technique twice already, got away with the second one though.

Comment

Capuozzo is a total superstar, a complete throwback.

Comment

This is a cracking game, excellently refereed too.

Comment

The fucking hands there from Taofifenua!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                    Scotland looked good, you could see how they were trying to play. England didn't.

Wales versus England could be the wooden spoon match.
                                    I rolled my eyes a bit at this yesterday but on the evidence of todays match I'm coming round to your point of view. Certainly the home game against England looks a better, if still slim, chance of a win than Italy away based on the evidence of the game just finished.

That was a different, and far superior, sport to what Wales and Ireland served up yesterday. Only some repeated inaccuracy from the half backs cost Italy victory there and it was a great display. France were typically magnificent at times but probably lucky to win in the end.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-02-2023, 16:55.

Comment

Italy have got players coming through judging by this year's and last year's U20 Six Nations. We've not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I rolled my eyes a bit at this yesterday but on the evidence of todays match I'm coming round to your point of view. Certainly the home game against England looks a better, if still slim, chance of a win than Italy away based on the evidence of the game just finished.

That was a different, and far superior, sport to what Wales and Ireland served up yesterday. Only some repeated inaccuracy from the half backs cost Italy victory there and it was a great display. France were typically magnificent at times but probably lucky to win in the end.
                                        It was a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the two games yesterday but I'm really worried for us, I think Gatland will now look completely at the RWC as there's nothing in this tournament for us.

As for England they are the same as they've ever been, very good at being one dimensional but are struggling to add to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Capuozzo is a total superstar, a complete throwback.
                                          https://twitter.com/alexshawsport/status/1622287108994990081?t=ZGQQX6I0rFsqVSeSHgHUyw&s=19

The way he stood up Aldritt was just beautiful, my favourite player to watch at the moment.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ctkw

If you've not watched this please watch. It's Steve Thompson's documentary.

Comment

This is a thing of beauty & joy. Man, I love Finn Russell ;

https://twitter.com/bensmithrugby/status/1622030475022991361?s=46&t=MrvM1WBZOHHsORKjgF2bQw

Comment

https://twitter.com/JLyall93/status/1622522485798236161?t=dYcCnQBDlrESElkjuoKxGw&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

Ray rather has that attitude towards the provincial sides, presumably because he regards them as franchises without the history of the traditional Welsh clubs.
                                                  Which is exactly what they are. Irish media calling them clubs is like calling the Banshees of Innisheerin an Irish film.

Comment

What I will say is Ireland got very lucky with a sensible domestic structure ready to fall into place once professionalism started. Club rugby wasn’t really a spectator sport except in Limerick maybe and the provincial structure was of a perfect size with at least a little history behind it, although I’m pretty sure the interprovincial championship wasn’t a big deal before professionalism.

You look at the teeth pulling in Scotland and the internecine squabbling in Wales and you’d thank your lucky stars for it if you were Irish.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X