Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh My God, Why Has No One Told Me About This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess-boxing is the greatest sport, ever!!!!!!

Here's a wiki entry.

Here's a youtube clip (the cinematography is shit, though)

And here's the site of the World Chessboxing federation.

My God, this is fabulous. If this ever gets a TV contract, I may have to stop watching football.

Thst's pretty funny. But I was hoping it was a giant chess board populated by pugilists who, imtating the ring-side - sorry, board-side - movements of their chess-playing overlords, had to go toe-to-toe with their opposite number and beat the crap out of each other to see which 'piece' was actually taken.

Now, that would be fun!

Comment

I just love the idea that you can win by smacking your opponent so silly that he can't tell the difference between a Sicilian defence and a Caro-Kann.

Comment

Clearly you're not a Wu-Tang CLan fan, AG: Wu-Tang borrowed the name of the martial arts movie Mystery of Chessboxing for a song on Enter the 36 Chambers. The villain in the move is named Ghost Faced Killer, so that's where that name comes from also.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6jwab3HWk

Comment

You see what I'm talking about? You knew, Inca, and you didn't tell me.

I thought we were friends.

Comment

Well, I didn't know it was an actual thing. I thought it was just something that the Wu-Tang thought sounded cool. Reading your opening post, then I searched for the song, then I read about the movie.

Comment

Working...
            X