England v South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England v South Africa

So, England have decreed that Pietersen, Flintoff, Bell, Sidebottom, Broad, Collingwood and Anderson are to be rested until the Stamford Series in October, but the rest are free to play.

Now, I have a problem with some of these people being rested. I know there's not a huge amount of cricket left in the domestic season, but...

Anderson - Well, he's going through one of his periodic radar failure episodes but I would have thought that the evidence this summer has shown, in that him bowling consistently brings better results, would lend itself to him being bowled a bit.

Broad - Surely, a cricketer of his age need every over he can get to learn his trade.

Collingwood - Has played his way back into some form but still looks scratchy and needs time at the crease.

Flintoff - Well, is he a better bowler with proper match fitness or without?

Even Cook is banned from county matches and is only avaiable for matches he's not going to feature in (20/20 & Pro 40). How does that help him to try and cure his conversion failure problems?

Sidebottom's injured and Bell doesn't really need much to get him going, but it seems peverse to stop the players that really need the match time from being allowed to get it.

Comment

England v South Africa

I'm all for central contracts but this is all excessively unfair on the counties, especially given the absurdly close and tense nature of this year's title race

Comment

England v South Africa

Broad strikes and then it starts raining again.

Comment

Working...
        X