No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Pitchers Hit the Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a nice Ricketts shaped turd on season ticket holders.

Comment

I'm sure that they will be offered "preferred access" to overpriced travel packages

Comment

The best team in baseball swept the Giants in SF, but Kershaw left the game after warming up before an inning and doing something to his back.

Comment

It could be worse

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/1555341722942464005?s=21&t=fu26G6HSGL8RbtNBkTx-_Q

Comment

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1394498097254965249

Comment

Kershaw's injury is a concern. Kimbrel, of course, avoids a clean inning. His save percentage is actually very good if you only look at save percentage. That doesn't count him being pulled and someone else having to save the game and his underlying metrics show that a clean inning is mostly impossible for him.

Sholwater is an excellent manager, but I will be curious to see how he maintains his cool. Diaz pitched the eighth tonight and looks set to come back out in the ninth. If Showalter starts using Diaz for more than one inning with 60 games left in the season then Buck is going to have a very tired closer by the time the playoffs role around. The Mets are going to make the playoffs. Of course, the bye is attractive but having watched the Dodgers blow a lot of games because of Kershaw's over use and Kenley's over use, a tired star is not the star. He is a shadow of himself.

Comment

Padres lost.
                Dodgers won.

if the Padres win all 12 of their remaining games against the Dodgers the Dodgers will still be leading the division. And yet Daniel is still concerned about his closer…

Comment

I just don't want a 107 win season and a 4-2 loss in the NLCS because the bullpen is a trainwreck

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                    Padres lost.
                    Dodgers won.

if the Padres win all 12 of their remaining games against the Dodgers the Dodgers will still be leading the division. And yet Daniel is still concerned about his closer…
                    See Incandenza's post. We won the last two games but Kimbrel made both an adventure. And that's been the norm all season.

Comment

It would be a nice problem to worry about at this point in the season. And I say that as a supporter of a team who's just bought and traded their way into more serious contention.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                        I do feel a bit sorry that it’s the Rockies who, mid-series, get to feel the firepower of our newly armed and operational battle station. I almost feel like we should have held it back for two games and instead introduced it for the next three series against the Doggers, Giants and (ha) Nationals.
                        This is funny in hindsight. Joe Musgrove gave up six early runs and they lost. Welcome to San Diego, Juan and pals.

Comment

Yes. I regretted writing that almost as soon as yesterday's game started.

Comment

No one should have any sympathy for Dodger fans, and I know baseball hasn't really had a dynasty since the 90s Yankees, but it is a bit annoying that the Dodgers have as many World Series victories as the Royals in the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              No one should have any sympathy for Dodger fans, .
                              Correct

Comment

Lovely tribute from the Cubs

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1555659660849561600

Comment

Manea taking one for the pen. Dodgers up 8-0 after 3. Taylor back from a broken foot and looking like last year's Taylor and both Muncy and Bellinger having some flashbacks.

Comment

See how kind the Padres are, alleviating your stress about the closer?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      See how kind the Padres are, alleviating your stress about the closer?
                                      Yeah, I'm on the fence. If we don't need Kimbrel to pitch then Dodger fans avoid him. But if he pitches and continues to struggle, maybe they make a waiver move to replace him. The last part is pure fantasy. The brass was dumb enough to trade for him and didn't give him away at the trade deadline.

Comment

This is interesting

https://twitter.com/EephusTosser/status/1555399688664354817?t=hL0G52tDytDdi3kRhXYviw&s=19

Comment

A few bigger names released today: Simmons by the Cubs, Familia and Herrera by the Phils. We will see a lot more of this over the next few weeks before the waiver wire trades deadline hits.

Comment

Franmil Reyes by Cleveland

Simmons is a cautionary tale. He was the number one prospect in the world among people who know/knew their stuff.

Comment

Mets aren't messing around. The sweep the double header on Saturday and have won 3 of 4 so far. I was expecting Atlanta to come in and make a serious dent in the standing.

Meanwhile starting pitching was not great in Padres-Dodgers. Currently it is 3-5 to the Dodgers after Muncy hit a big home run after Cleavinger intentionally/unintentionally hit Will Smith after Smith had two excellent at bats against Cleavinger. Joe Davis said as Muncy was walking up to the plate that the situation wasn't radically different than LaRusa walking Trey Turner to load the bases to face Muncy. Not a 1:1 since Smith getting hit didn't load the bases but I could see the comparison.

Soto has looked good at the plate in this series. I don't know his hit total but he's been in the middle of any threats and his hustle to first base prevented a double play.

Comment

ESPN has been running The Captain, which is an 8-part series about Derek Jeter. I don't know if it's airing in the UK, but a decent watch. The last two episodes (5 and 6) have been the most interesting since they get into issues of race in baseball and then how Jeter manages his career during a time when he's on a quick decline. It feels like The Last Dance lite so it's not reaching the heights of The Last Dance. Part of that difference is down to the non-game footage that appears in The Last Dance. A film crew followed the Bulls during the last championship season and there was also a lot of footage of practices, where you see Jordan's drive and that he was basically an dick to his teammates. Plus there was Dennis Rodman and archival footage of his craziness. The Captain relies on talking heads and as much as A-Rod is cast in the role of Rodman, he was no Rodman. Also, Jordan was pretty blunt during his career about how he felt, whereas Jeter was very reserved. As many reporters say in this series, there is probably nobody in professional sports who has said more but basically said nothing. But to the director's credit, former players and various reporters speak their mind. Jeter usually gets the last word and mostly calls what they say "asinine" but the comments don't end up on the cutting room floor. I think it's an interesting watch for baseball fans. I don't know if it will be a memorable watch, but for me that's true for 95% of films and TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                                  Mets aren't messing around. The sweep the double header on Saturday and have won 3 of 4 so far. I was expecting Atlanta to come in and make a serious dent in the standing.
                                                  It is only getting worse

https://twitter.com/pescami/status/1556378638110580738?s=21&t=gO8kP_HHh9yhkKKgo5dW9Q

Time to prepare sacrifices for the baseball gods

Comment

This is nothing short of demonic

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1556381243918401536?s=21&t=gO8kP_HHh9yhkKKgo5dW9Q

Comment

Working...
                                                    X