No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Pitchers Hit the Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Manea comes in gives up a hit, hits a batter, Dodgers score a run but then he's been lights out. Padres scored two on a dumb Dodgers error although not ruled an error. Home town cookin' on that hit/error ruling. Haha.

Comment

Manea leaves the field and the Doggers get all the runs they need. Glad I switched off after the third. Padres were racking up the hits and baserunners without making any progress except on the fielding error.

Fortunately, that's the last we see of them in regular season. Meanwhile also fortunately, the Marlins had a very surprising late revival in Milwaukee that's kept us 3 wins ahead (with only 6 left).
      Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 30-09-2022, 13:22.

Comment

The transformation of the spaces literally in and around Wrigley under the Ricketts is very striking

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/1575858132227702785?s=21&t=4rsdc7fQ_nlhIjp9kCYVgg

Comment

Astros loss means Dodgers have home field throughout the playoffs. And in the world of brilliant scheduling, the Dogers play the Rockies 6 games in a row.

Comment

Every time Judge is at bat ESPN goes split screen. It is such a weird thing when it is completely unrelated.

Comment

The best I can tell Judge seems like a good guy so it would be nice to see him break the AL record. At the same time, the graciousness of Maris' family also has me feeling that it would be nice if Judge stays at 61 and Maris still holds a piece of that record.

I learned that these 6 games against the Rockies are a product of the first series being moved after the lockout led to a late start. Still, if I remember correctly the Dodgers started in Colorado so that would have been 3 in LA and then 3 in Denver. Still stupid.

Mariners are in and so are the Rays. The only thing left to decide in the AL is which wild card teams finish in which spots. My Dodgers-Jays pick is still alive although I don't think it will happen.

Comment

Poor day for Padres prospects, with a defeat while our two rivals won. We're still in the box seat, but it's much closer than I'm comfortable with.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1576068752285863938?s=20&t=E759pgbvkGAXqS0L3rCK-w

Comment

If I'm right, BJ's have to hold off the Mariners for a play-off home series. They're +3 games up right now, and playing like it matters. Fortunately the O's are playing like it doesn't.

Comment

Padres one game away from the post season with 4 games left.

Comment

I mean I don't have to tell any of you this...

Comment

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1576699897683664899?s=21&t=bNJRziUF1gjXkIlTEinobQ

Comment

I was going to mention that.

I was also going to mention that the local SD media were very excited by the possibility of the Padres getting into the play-offs in front of home fans for the first time since 2005. They really should have been more specific and talked about winning in front of home fans, rather than just relying on the Brewers losing.

It looks like the Brewers have blown up badly in the home stretch. Which means most likely the Padres are playing the Phillies in the wild card games. I think I like that match up better than the Brewers, although none of these teams is clicking properly right now.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              I was going to mention that.

I was also going to mention that the local SD media were very excited by the possibility of the Padres getting into the play-offs in front of home fans for the first time since 2005. They really should have been more specific and talked about winning in front of home fans, rather than just relying on the Brewers losing.

It looks like the Brewers have blown up badly in the home stretch. Which means most likely the Padres are playing the Phillies in the wild card games. I think I like that match up better than the Brewers, although none of these teams is clicking properly right now.
                              Congrats, SB and PT. As an FYI, home fans won't see any games. The new wild card format means that the team with the better record gets all three games (or two if a sweep happens) at home. The Cardinals will face the weakest of the wild card teams, which will mean the Phillies. The Padres will likely play in New York after the Mets got swept by Atlanta.

Comment

It's something very San Diego 2022 to celebrate "clinching" a post-season berth because another team lost, and then immediately go out and lose 2-1.

Comment

D'oh! I still haven't quite got my head right on the play-off format. Every time I think I have it, a few days later I've forgotten it again. Mostly my own fault:I get confused between the names NLDS and NLCS, . Also because in my head a divisional series would have all the division winners, and then there'd just be one wild-card. The Braves/Mets both made it through so long ago that I totally forgot that when I was looking at two-from-three for the wild card games, there was already another team that had made it.

Basically, I was being a chump.

My confidence on the odds of winning through now the Padres are playing the Braves, Mets or Cards is much lower. I actually think the Cardinals are the best match up - perhaps we want to tank our last three games...

Comment

The circular firing squad has already assembled. One literally loves to see it.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1576922421323452418?s=20&t=27PgOEan2EjP_INlX2uiUA

Comment

Unless Atlanta folds, and I don't see that happening, the Padres will play three in New York. The Mets have had a rough few weeks, losing 6 out of 8 to the Cubs, Nats, and Marlins (if I remember correctly) so I think that matchup is good for the Padres.

Marwin Gonazlez hit a home run, Judge struck out, and Stanton hit a home run. Judge had pitches to hit but seems to be pressing. Severino had a no-hitter and Boone pulled him after 7. It was the right choice in my mind. He is hurt way too often and a no-hitter against the Rangers is not as important as a playoff start in game 2 against Toronto or Seattle.

Comment

Atlanta shut out by Miami 4-0.

Any Braves win in ther final two games with Miami or Mets loss in any of their three with the Nationals will give Atlanta the division title and first round bye.

Pujols with two more RBI tonight to give him sole possession of second place all time behind Aaron and ahead of Ruth. He hit home run 702 over the weekend.

Comment

I got tired of leaving Yankees' games on in the background waiting for 62 and remembered there was a double-header. Judge led off with a home run to bring him to 62. Missed it live.

Comment

Mets lead Washington 7-0 in the nightcap going for a sweep of their doubleheader, but it won't mean a thing unless Atlanta fails to hold on to a 2-1 lead in Miami.

Two more runs batted in for Pujols.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1577476277123940352?t=KrAM2A3uOWbAq40ABOq2nA&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/timbritton/status/1577476649741950978?s=61&t=hVy_89Go1ZnFJrqCerHt-Q

Comment

And with the Phillies currently getting spanked by the Astros it looks like it'll be the Mets against the Padres, while the Phillies get (what I think is) the easier game against the Cardinals.

Comment

Anyway, I think the entirety of OTF's baseball contingent will be supporting the side of righteousness in that series.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X