NFL 2022 - Indianapolis .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

It is a play on the Indianapolis 500 - a famous car race - and the prediction that the Indianapolis Colts will this season have a record of .500 (which is to say they will win and lose an equal number of games)
    Yes.

Everyone was saying they were a dark horse Super Bowl contender.

I won't ever be fooled. Especially if Matty Ice That Has Long Since Melted And Evaporated And Left A Small Residue Of Salt is quarterback.

Inianapolis .176 doesn't have the same ring.

But they did have the name for one glorious and hilarious week.

Comment

Really horrific injury to Dane Jackson of the Bills. it looked like he has broken his neck, his head bent back behind his shoulders upon impact of his own player.

I'm amazed there has only been one on field death in NFL, but I imagine there have been countless spinal cord injuries. I hope for Jackson's sake this looked worse than it was.

Comment

Seems like he's ok, just seen another replay and he's moving immediately after the injury, but he's still moving now.

Comment

There have been more deaths and many more "life changing" injuries at lower levels, in part because equipment, medical attention and equipment and facilities in the NFL are light years ahead of those available lower down,

Chuck Hughes of the Lions was the player who collapsed and died in the early 1970s. As hard as it may be to believe, play continued after he was taken from the field,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hughes

Comment

https://twitter.com/buffalobillspr/status/1572028748777811970?s=21&t=jIqMnaSq9i2S6AJOqm4V_g

Comment

It's only game 2, but AFC will be either Chiefs or Bills and whoever wins will go onto to win against whoever wins the NFC, which could be anyone.

I thought the Bills were good last week, but they're on another level tonight.

Comment

Has there ever been an invincible NFL team that won every game in a season? You have to wonder how anyone could beat this Bills team.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_M...olphins_season

Comment

Today's road trip stop, the Lambeau Field tour. The facts and figures about corporate boxes, and waiting lists for season tickets (and boxes) were staggering. And I couldn't help but keep thinking it was in a place no bigger than Carlisle (but obviously I know their fanbase extends well beyond the city limits).

In the "club shop" they were selling off the leftover merch from the recent Man City v Bayern game there. I made my excuses and left.

Comment

It really overlooks in the early fall delight here how freaking cold that place will be in four months time. it is super gnarly.

They know they will never get an Owl game and the Bears know full well they need to build a dome to get an Owl. Monsoons in Miami are fine, but awful winter conditions in winter are absolutely not ok to the NFL.

Comment

Green Bay is way, way, way too small to host an Owl even with a dome. They’ll never go back to Jacksonville after 2005 even though it basically ticks every other criteria.

Comment

I always thought extorting billions of dollars from local government to build a new stadium came with a guaranteed Owl.

Comment

It usually does, but that is thought to have been conditioned on a dome in Minnesota and Arizona (for different reasons).

But Green Bay is unique. I doubt they would ever consider a dome because of their identity and (as Fly now notes) they don't have the infrastructure to host an Owl.
                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 23-09-2022, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                              Has there ever been an invincible NFL team that won every game in a season? You have to wonder how anyone could beat this Bills team.
                              The Dolphins lead Buffalo by four points with two minutes to play.

Comment

Punting from the end zone, Miami's kicker kicks the ball into the ass of his blocker.

Two points for Buffalo, who will get the ball with 30 seconds to play.

Comment

Miami wins

Comment

Mercury Morris pops his champagne in the sky.

Haven't seen teams so exhausted since they closed the roof of the Houston stadium in the 2nd half of the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl.

Global warming will not be kind to this sport.

Miami will have to play every game at night.

Comment

Sorry, Jim Kiick.

Mercury and Larry Csonka are still with us.

Comment

Other undefeateds....Fins only team in the AFC, the Bucs in the NFC.....along with the almighty NFC East with the powerhouse Iggles and Jints.

Comment

The state of Arizona already requires colleges and high schools to play at night until October

Comment

Jets revert to type.

The type being "shit".

Mac Jones appears to have had his ankle wrecked on the last play of the game, poor sod.

Comment

The Bengals appear to have found the key to what ails them in the Meadowlands

Comment

Bills' offensive coordinator doesn't take their failure to get a play off as time expires well

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1574130864279244806?s=21&t=rb7vKeSMdjlJjiFqG6HF9g

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Punting from the end zone, Miami's kicker kicks the ball into the ass of his blocker.

Two points for Buffalo, who will get the ball with 30 seconds to play.
                                                  He absolutely drilled it into the blockers butt. Magnificent farce across a bunch of games today (Bears v Texans in a stand-off of failure, Colts somehow getting by KC and then that safety maybe helping win the game for Miami)

Comment

https://twitter.com/mosportsnetwork/status/1574129704877039616?s=21&t=rb7vKeSMdjlJjiFqG6HF9g

Comment

Working...
                                                    X