No announcement yet.

NFL 2022 - Indianapolis .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the Lions strengthened? I’m aware it’d be almost impossible to have weakened.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
      That Seahawks kit is LOUD.
      If ever there was a case study in how to totally fuck up a classic uniform with a rebrand, the Seahawks are a poster child.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
        Have the Lions strengthened? I’m aware it’d be almost impossible to have weakened.
        Better but still bad

Comment

The Squawks haven't been around long enough to have a classic uni. Their original home/away combo Blue/White/Grey with Green lasted from 1976 to !982, after that they stated dickering around with options regularly. Personally I kinda liked the all-gun metal grey-blue from the early 2000s, but history doesn't come into it.

Comment

If I find one of these I need Simon G's address.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1568998149427003392?s=20&t=5n8UGXbSrez_247IQ4cWzw

Comment

Now I really want one, especially since my wife dropped my Washington Football Team mug she got me for Christmas last year.

Pete Hailey is a host of the Washington Talk podcast that I listen to in order to keep abreast of all things Commanders.

EDIT - Of course I completely missed the point of Caja's post in that the logo is inside an outline of Washington State. This does make me want one even more though.
                Last edited by Simon G; 15-09-2022, 08:05.

Comment

You'd imagine the NFL would have a plethora of Hispanic employees who could have done a translation!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1570397029452455936

Comment

The Lions are beating the crap out of the Washington Football Team

22 -0 in the second quarter

Comment

WFT really missing a trick there not calling themselves the Generals.

Comment

Where's Billy Casper?!?!? When I choose an underdog, I choose well Billy!

Comment

Go Jets! Interception! That's some victory, what a comeback.

Comment

I see that you are unfamiliar with the history of this version of the Cleveland Browns

Comment

Yup, not a clue!
                              Dolphins come back too, what a couple of games.

Comment

Go Jets! Interception! That's some victory, what a comeback.
                                Garrett Wilson is going to be huge. He'll probably jump ship to a team that has a chance of winning a Superbowl in a few years, but we will enjoy him in the meantime.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/status/1571598707975655426?s=21&t=vO4nlkpgnh7JLJEwjcP6Iw

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    The Lions are beating the crap out of the Washington Football Team

22 -0 in the second quarter
                                    After a shocking first half, the Commanders actually did ok in the second half. Why Ron went for 2 points though when an extra point would have got them to within one score was absolutely baffling though.

No turnovers from the defence either.

Comment

Jimmy G back in the pocket for the 49ers.

I also applaud their devotion to the lost art of the full back with Kyle Juszczyk.

Comment

I don't think the Bengals are returning to the Superb Owl

I also think that the thread title will prove to be overly bullish on the Colts.
                                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 18-09-2022, 21:50.

Comment

Where's Billy Casper?!?!? When I choose an underdog, I choose well Billy!
                                          We do occasionally get a game like that every 15 or 20 years (Monday Night Miracle, Jets 51-45 Dolphins).

It feels great at the present moment, but now you'll go into the next game with hope... and that's when the Jets hurt you the most.

(That was awesome today though!)

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                            I am not sure where it comes from other than International work - I worked will a bunch of people who used M for 1000s (which is awful) and MM for millions - I had previously worked in M an B, but recognized the potential to cause endless confusion. It is actually a lot more common than you might think once you look for it and certainly avoids accidental misunderstandings.
                                            Spanish does a similar thing with the shorthand way of writing the United States: EEUU.

By the way, I don't get the thread title, unless I've skipped the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

By the way, I don't get the thread title, unless I've skipped the explanation.
                                              It is a play on the Indianapolis 500 - a famous car race - and the prediction that the Indianapolis Colts will this season have a record of .500 (which is to say they will win and lose an equal number of games)

Comment

Which means, of course, that they will have a tie at some point as they now play a 17 game season.

My bet is that it's with the Commanders.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Better but still bad
                                                  How bad must Washington be?

Comment

Pretty bad, though they have a good bit of competition in that respect.

Indianapolis fit the tie out of the way in the first game of the season.

It is the eight wins that are really going to test them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X