No announcement yet.

NFL 2022 - Indianapolis .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some teams have H backs that are part tight end.

The I formation is out of favor.

Comment

Honey Badger going home to Louisiana should be fun

Comment

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1522716074327769088?s=21&t=S3-gJo5dSsBSADUlMffX-A

Comment

Oh, I’m sure the NFL will handle the situation swiftly and transparently and apply appropriate sanctions on Raiders’ ownership to ensure a safe and respectful workplace going forward.

Comment

This is art

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1524902549353951232

Comment

Falcons and Colts = Laffs.

Brilliant ish. Love the Raiders two-sided joke.

Of course....what was the Browns going to be.

Comment

This just keeps getting worse.
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...er-nfl-owners/

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                  Falcons and Colts = Laffs.

Brilliant ish. Love the Raiders two-sided joke.

Of course....what was the Browns going to be.
                  Probably too close to the bone. that’s the rub with modern comedy.

Comment

That's a good piece by Feinstein, though I think he underestimates the other owners' fear that Snyder would go after them personally using his stable of attack monkeys rather than limit himself to litigation.

Comment

The NFL used to be run by innovative people who understood football and public relations.
                      Now it's run by these assclowns.
                      Baseball followed a similar decay.

Comment

Just came across this amazing time capsule of ghosts of the NFL past. Three hours, worth every second (maybe not the bit focusing on the female pitch invader).

Edit: Follow the link through.

Comment

Just a cartoon villain https://twitter.com/joshjame/status/1547213075333382145?t=-xFFnBykHKBl_NV7hMcNJw&s=19

Comment

I'm not entirely clear what the House committee is trying to do other than expose the NFL and, maybe, get a new owner for the team so their favorite lobbyists feel less-conflicted about owning a box at the stadium.

It's frustrating for fans. For the longest time, the general feeling was "he's bad at running a football team and is an all-around dick, but he hasn't really done anything illegal, so what can we do?" Well now it's clear that's done a lot of illegal things and they still can't get him out.

Comment

I think that is basically it

The Sally Quinn crowd would like to go to Super Bowls again

Comment

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1551945406954741760?s=21&t=ROst2zGiGTMn-7J4fZsmag

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                  Just came across this amazing time capsule of ghosts of the NFL past. Three hours, worth every second (maybe not the bit focusing on the female pitch invader).

Edit: Follow the link through.
                                  That's great.

It's remarkable that grown men do that for a living and it wasn't even an especially lucrative living for most of them until relatively recently.

Comment

Kyler Murray has clearly been failing his study work to the tune of a contract clause.

Comment

Preseason has started, and the Jets have managed to get Wilson to fuck his knee until several games into the season.

Can Namath hurry up and die so the Devil can collect on the contract, and the curse can be lifted.

Comment

Bills looking GOOD.

That goof on NFL Network with the angry runs? The Bills had 4 Angry Run-award winners on that first drive on the 2nd half alone.

Josh Allen's James Cagney grapefruit-mush to the face? LAWD.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep this intensity for another 20 weeks, because they look PISSED.

That said, the McVay Rams never seem to be out of any game, no matter how bad they look at times.

17-10 Bills 6:25 to go in the 3rd.

Comment

And Von Miller gets another sack.

Not saying they'll go undefeated....but....

Comment

31-10.

I think the only danger is calling too many running plays for Allen. Once the opposing DBs get a bead on him they're really starting to tag him good.

Quite the start for the Table-Breaking Mafia.

I will say McVay's Rams in this game are now officially out of it.

Comment

The Bills really made a statement. I hope they don’t end up regretting it. They look in very good shape.

Comment

I was really looking forward to the game, but it was a bit of a non-contest. Even when the Rams got unexpectedly level at HT, you knew they would struggle to stay in touch. Saying that, there were some fantastic interceptions in the game.

Josh Allen is really strong, he did that straight-arm push-back thing that Derrick Henry does when running with the ball. In fact, am I right in describing Josh Allen as a quarter back with the strength to also be a running back? His offensive line were so good in the 2nd half, he just seemed to wait for space and then run.

Comment

Allen is a bit tall for a RB as he's 6'5" (1.98 m), but Derrick Henry is 6'3" (1.92m) and Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson is 6.2"( 1.91 m.)

Taller RBs tend to be tough to tackle (as you said with their stiff-arms,) and use their legs like Usain Bolt in the open field.

The problem is not many running QBs tend to win. Russell Wilson is the only true scrambling QB to win in the past 50 years, but Allen's path is probably through John Elway and Aaron Rodgers.

I am worried about him running too much. He's amazing at keeping drives alive, but like I said, once the DBs starting keying in and expecting them.....as with Mike Tyson.....if you're tall it means you have more ribs to hit.

Comment

'Taller RBs tend to be tough to tackle...' Barry Sanders? Earl Campbell? (I get your point though.)

After an offseason of promise, the Jets will be missing their starting QB and left tackle for the beginning of the season (yet again shakes head ruefully).

I'm predicting 5-12 this season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X