X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Texas

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      Yay for the result. Neither team seemed to have their shooting boots on.

But... do people who actually enjoy basketball on a regular basis enjoy the nonsense of the last 2 minutes stretching out over 20 or 30 minutes, or do you find it as maddening as I do?
      Main reason I don’t really follow basketball.

The incessant intentional fouls are one of the dumbest things in all of sports (at least the ones I know about).

Maybe give up to three shots to the fouled team after a certain number and don’t allow so many time outs.
      Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 26-03-2023, 23:27.

Comment

Two 5s, a 9 and a 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          15 out of 16 for the women remains a ridiculous standard
          The womens tournament is getting good ratings, apparently.

I think the main thing holding back women’s basketball is a paucity of close games and how predictable it is at the high end.
          Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 26-03-2023, 23:36.

Comment

Watching the women’s UConn against Ohio, it felt like the shooting was way better than in men’s games I’ve seen recently. Is that possible? Or is the basket lower? Or is there just much less pressure on shooters? The latter might be true but it felt like the free throw shots were also hit more regularly. Perhaps it’s not real and just my perception.

Comment

Ohio State, not Ohio. People in Athens (and Columbus) will write us letters if we get that wrong.

The women’s game moves a bit slower and the defenders are a bit shorter. And perimeter shooting might be more valued because not many players can dunk. Depends on the team.

Apparently, women are generally more consistent in their free throw shooting, but the overall percentage is the same for both genders, or so I read.
              Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 26-03-2023, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                Two 5s, a 9 and a 4.
                When was the last time no top 3 seeds made it?

Comment

Never

Comment

That’s interesting.

Comment

My buddy, who went to SDSU and lives outside Dallas, is beside himself that SDSU made the Final Four. He’s not sure he can make the semifinal on Saturday but is seriously considering what to do if they beat Florida Atlantic, which honestly seems like it could well happen.

I feel like a dick rooting for the only traditional basketball program left in the competition.

Comment

https://twitter.com/its_whitney/status/1640335766499852288

Comment

but a triple double in the tournament is history, and the first 40-point one ever. Some of these dimes are so satisfying

Last edited by Incandenza; 27-03-2023, 21:56.

Comment

My loyalties are broad and shallow. My Gamecocks just won nicely tonight. they’re a number one seed who might actually do well.

Comment

Only the defending national champions who have won 39 games without losing this season after losing only twice last year

Comment

South Carolina v. Iowa on Friday night. Might be one of the highest rated women's college games ever.

Comment

Caitlin Clark, officially my new favorite player. 41 out of 77 points for Iowa. Scored or assisted on every Iowa point in the 4th. This is historic stuff.

Comment

The three minutes of that game took about 30minutes.

Comment

Caitlin Clark has scored more points in this offseason than Iowa football scored in all of the 2022 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                        Caitlin Clark has scored more points in this offseason than Iowa football scored in all of the 2022 season.
                                        yeah it’s not lost on me that finding an Iowa team to be exciting is very strange.

and again some terrible foul calls down the stretch. Some physical post play for both teams whistles as fouls, whereas Boston wrestling the Iowa player with then ball down to the ground was called a tie up.

Comment

Aztecs are horrible at the line. They are lucky that they can rebound.

Comment

This is horrible shooting from both teams. But worse from SDSU

Comment

Wow. Wasn’t expecting that.

Comment

Not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                  Wow. Wasn’t expecting that.
                                                  Neither were FAU

Comment

I love any team that is at their most dangerous when they're down 6 with 5 to play like these Aztecs.

They just shut down teams down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X