Pacific Heights? Rugby 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
    That was good. I don't know much about the intricacies of rugby union but the Irish lad with the blue cap seemed to be a colossus.
    That'll be Tadhg Beirne

Comment

I've got the following tickets free for the Commonwealths Rugby Sevens Finals Session on Sunday, open to offers!
      Rugby Sevens 31/07/2022 18:00 B £55/15 3 2 Adults 1 u16

Comment

https://twitter.com/MarkPalmerST/status/1553462795961860097?t=V4buFtUVzJFs0qV-CrpKXQ&s=19

Has anyone got a link to this that's not behind a paywall?

Comment

It is too long to post here, but I can email you a copy if you PM an address

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            It is too long to post here, but I can email you a copy if you PM an address
            I've sent you a DM via Twitter, yours are full on here. Thank you for your kind offer

Comment

Email sent.

Have also cleared out some messages on here. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1554557574300766211?t=jPgXSjJgv6_8GoFXQDLOTA&s=09

I presume nothing can really be done but it seems to have happened a few times, Grannygate all over again.

Comment

The data that one would have needed to really police this never existed in large part, and a good bit of what did exist didn't make it through the war or subsequent upheavals. And there are ample numbers of officials on both sides who can be "encouraged" to fill gaps in the record.

Comment

https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1556228528013705217?t=puqR_D0RJfqamG7wQitqmg&s=09

At least 5 Italy players now appear to have been ineligible.

Comment

Michael Hooper withdrawing from the Australia side and returning home appears to be on mental health grounds. Kudos to all who've handled this so well.

Comment

On the pitch Australia came from behind to win in Argentina and Ian Foster looks doomed as NZ coach after their fifth defeat in six, this time away in South Africa.

Comment

https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1556233602924511234?t=2awFNZkCFgPm7Rgs1f-Frw&s=19

Possibly 8 now. Looks like a massive asterisk on much of Italy's results and RWC participations.

Comment

The FIR said the IRB cleared all those players, which is probably true as it’s very easy to get Italian citizenship if you can file the paperwork, and they probably had someone on retainer to do just that for Argentine players. I’m not sure the IRB can stop someone with citizenship of that country from playing for them, provided they haven’t been capped by someone else.

But the whole eligibility system is broken and has been for years. Ireland’s use of project players is a joke for a proud rugby nation, CJ Stander fucked off back to South Africa the second he retired. Bundee Aki is almost certainly going to do the same. The USA caps anybody who has an American grandfather and plays for a name rugby club abroad. Manu Tuilagi was briefly an illegal immigrant and played for England.

Time for everybody to adopt the French rule, you can’t play for France unless you have a French passport. You can say British for the Home Nations. Every major rugby playing nation allows dual citizenship, so it should be practicable, I don’t think we’d have any situations like native-born Turks being unable to get German citizenship until the late 90s or whatever.

Comment

Springboks beat the All Blacks by 16 without even really getting out of second gear. What was particularly notable was how diverse the crowd was, very loud and with a decided multi-racial tinge.

Comment

Yeah the All Blacks have really fallen a long way in a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                  Yeah the All Blacks have really fallen a long way in a very short time.
                                  It'll be interesting to see how long they stick with Foster for and their other results in the next five games. Robertson clearly wants the job, Schmidt too, and there's Gatland too.

They must be five or six in the world now.

Comment

They were fifth in the World Rugby rankings before that loss

They have never been this low since the rankings were introduced

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      They were fifth in the World Rugby rankings before that loss

They have never been this low since the rankings were introduced
                                      Thanks. I think Australia will move above them by the end of this series and Argentina must fancy a chance of a win.

Comment

So, it would appear that English top flight rugby is in trouble, with Wasps on the verge of bankruptcy and Worcester apparently failing to pay their players full wages four times in one year.

I know Wasps are not exactly the bored's favourite club due to Coventry shenanigans, but blimey.

Comment

The franchising of the club is certainly a large part of my enmity towards them but there is also the financial shenanigans which have now come back to bite them on the arse.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62469709

I'm really not sure what to make of this about Alfie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              The franchising of the club is certainly a large part of my enmity towards them but there is also the financial shenanigans which have now come back to bite them on the arse.
                                              What did they do financially?

I'm waiting for Sale to collapse as they must surely do.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62469709

I'm really not sure what to make of this about Alfie.
                                                https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/g...assed-24706062

This is much, much worse if true.

Comment

Cracking Test match today between the Blacks and Boks at Ellis Park.

Comment

Just watched my first SANZAAR Championship game of the season and it was an epic one. Argentina winning for the first ever time in New Zealand, 18-25 in Christchurch.

A victory based on ferocious defence from the Pumas and excellent kicking from Boffelli but an immensely deserved one. The All Blacks reaching a new trough in even their recent run of poor form, the one try they conceded was absolute schoolboy stuff.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-08-2022, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X