No announcement yet.

Bang a ‘gong: Pro Cycling 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon Geschke fails to get to the break and therefore is going to be relying on results elsewhere in order to win the spotty jersey. That's a very Cofidis moment.

Comment

I was thinking just the same thing. Cofidis leading the KoM for almost the entire race and then just not being able to hold on right at the end.

I’ve loved the way Geschke has ridden this tour as a non-climber to try and win it. Totally warmed to him.

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Woah X 2

Comment

Ah! That’s fantastic

Comment

Fair play to Vingegaard

Comment

great great competitors

Comment

Lucinda Brand has some good jerseys at auction for charity

Comment

ITV missed all that because they were trying to cycle through all their ad breaks before the Hautacam. Either of them would have been justified in riding on under unwritten rules as they were pilot error, although Millar pointed out that for Vingegaard it would have been a waste of effort as all he needs to do is defend.

Incidentally by my calculations if Pog beats Vingegaard for the stage again then the latter will lead KoM by a single point with Geschke three points back. There's three 4th cats still to go in the remaining days, each with a single point up for grabs.

Comment

These two can ride against each other in Tours for years to come and keep me entertained. This could end up being one of those Great Rivalries situations.

Comment

So if Thibault wins the stage then Geschke wins polka dots? That’ll be what I’m cheering for.

Comment

I think if Thibault wins the stage he is the one who takes polka dot

Comment

I just worked that out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/maillotapois/status/1550133391810433028

FWIW I don't think the break has enough of an advantage to stay away, unless Pog waits too late to start attacking as a result of his crash.

Comment

Honestly don't know if I'd prefer Pinot to win KOM (cos he's lovely) or WVA (because it would be great and hilarious).

That was super classy by Vingegaard but it was also canny, as it likely neutralised the battle for the remainder of the descent. That doesn't detract from it being a great moment.

Comment

Ah, Thibaut

Comment

The three coloured jerseys together in their own group. I like that.

Comment

This is just extraordinary from WVA

Comment

If only Geschke was with them, that would be so aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

All over now.

Comment

Oh, oh, oh, WvA cracks Pogacar and yellow and green head to the top of the mountain.

Comment

Vingegaard could win by a minute

Comment

Love these old school big time gaps.

Comment

3:27 gap then. Let's see if Jumbo freak out at the stage 20 TT.

Even assuming Vingegaard wins GC, I can't help thinking that Wout is the real champion of this race.

Comment

Love that interview with Meintjes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X