3 (-2) Masood 713
    4 (+1) Brook 635
    5 (-3) Compton 560
    6 (=) Madsen 498
    7 (+2) Malan 482
    8 (-1) Haines 464
    9 (NE) Bedingham 436
    10 (-2) Duckett 430

Centuries for Pujara, Brook and Bedingham, two centuries for Dickson, 87 for Malan. Masood, Compton, Madsen and Duckett didn't play. 2 failures apiece for Haines and Burgess, the latter dropping out of the list.

Sussex only have 1 match left before the end of May, which will mean Pujara needs something special next match, but Durham, Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Kent and Nottinghamshire all have 2 to go.

Obviously there's still matches ongoing but it would take something extraordinary for this not to be the list at close of play.

Comment

Actually Sussex play New Zealand in their last game in May. If Pujara is within a hundred runs say, would they play him?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
        Is that it now for the Women's county season after today? Apart from the London Championship, for some.

I know she went for a duck but I love Izzy Wong. Opening the batting and bowling for Warks.
        Surely there's going to be some sort of playoffs between the group winners.

Comment

Middlesex with a very good chase to win against Sussex.

Comment

Very strong England test players contingent in this week's fixtures. Root, Stoke, Broad, Anderson, Leach etc all playing. The only absentees that I can see are injured or in the IPL.

Comment

Ollie Robinson was taken off after he bowled 1 over for Sussex which suggests he might have broken down again.

Comment

Yorkshire taking an early advantage in the Roses match with Lancs 12-2. Nothing particularly dramatic elsewhere.

Comment

The champions are struggling again.

Northants currently 119 without loss at Edgbaston.

Comment

Hasan Ali is apparently contracted for six county championship games with Lancashire and has been excellent in the three he has played. He has been rested for today’s Roses game which acts as one of his six. It’s not going down well with fans.

Comment

A strange decision that makes me wonder if Lancs are trying to extend his contract.

His absence leaves a large volume of overs for the other bowlers,

Comment

Lancashire the only Division 1 team to lose wickets before lunch after full sessions of play (possibly) across the country, which seems fairly unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          A strange decision that makes me wonder if Lancs are trying to extend his contract.

His absence leaves a large volume of overs for the other bowlers,
                          A fully fit Saqib Mahmood has been left out too.
                          Last edited by Tony C; 12-05-2022, 13:19.

Comment

It is almost as if they don't particularly care about the result.

Nothants and Somerset in a competition for largest opening partnership. Northants on 173/0, Somerset ten runs in arrears.

Comment

Northants win.

Comment

Stokes is in for Durham. Uh oh.

Comment

Maybe Lancs know what they are doing after all.

From 12 for 2 to 230 for 2.

Stokes approaching 60 without a six.

Comment

Jennings and Croft now both with centuries for Lancashire. After missing early games through injury Jennings has looked in good form since he came back. This is his third successive ton against Yorkshire, too.
                                    Last edited by Tony C; 12-05-2022, 16:32.

Comment

Pope and Foakes both fall in the 90s.

That's annoying.

Comment

No, Labuschagne getting out for 17 is annoying. That is just mildly frustrating.

Pujara joins Dickson in failing. Masood is back in the best position to reach 4 figures, along with Brook.

Comment

I find it very disconcerting that Derbyshire's keeper is called "Guest", every time I see "ct Guest" on the scoresheet. It's like having a Scottish footballer whose surname is "Trialist".

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                            I find it very disconcerting that Derbyshire's keeper is called "Guest", every time I see "ct Guest" on the scoresheet. It's like having a Scottish footballer whose surname is "Trialist".
                                            Yes, I used to think that A.N Other was a player who struggled to settle at one club. A bit of a troublemaker, I assumed.

Comment

Keaton Jennings now past 180 in the Roses game and Dane Vilas starting to accelerate at the other end.

I’ve probably mentioned this before but Vilas probably my favourite Lancashire batsmen of recent years. Great range of shots, always on the front foot, lovely to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                Pope and Foakes both fall in the 90s.

That's annoying.
                                                Overton as well now.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AWSStats/status/1525087605989179393?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post

Overton as well now.

Yes, just seen that

Comment

Working...
                                                    X