No announcement yet.

<subs: insert title here> : County Cricket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all for early season updates. Bit early to be taking the hot water bottle down to Worcester...

Comment

Grandstand finish at Wantage Road where Northants looked to be in reach of their target before a late clatter of wickets saw them holding on 8 down for the last four or five overs. Great stuff

Comment

Even better as Leics manage to hang on for a draw despite being hopelessly outplayed for the first 3 days. We're fighting hard to lose that wooden spoon

Comment

I'm planning on spending as much time as possible at the Oval tomorrow and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing Mohammed Abbas and USA international Ian Holland

Comment

Somerset 39/3, they really aren't starting strongly are they?

Comment

70 for 5 wt lunch

With Surrey at 90 for 1 against Hampshire, last week's results have some additional context.

Comment

I broke my own personal record for the earliest date in any year on which I had attended a cricket match, when I was at Lords on Sunday 10th April for the fourth and final day of Middlesex v Derbyshire. It ended in a draw despite there (as far as I know) having been no stoppages for rain or bad light on any of the previous three days.

My previous earliest was Oxford University v Durham on Tuesday 14th April 1992, which was the first ever first-class match Durham had played in their history. A four-page A5 scorecard was the only souvenir of this historic occasion and only a handful of spectators were present, largely because of the heavy rain which was forecast for around lunchtime (this proved to be correct, so I left the ground then as it was obvious that there was not going to be any play in the afternoon)
                Last edited by Chris1963; 14-04-2022, 14:57.

Comment

I'm struggling to remember that I now support Derbyshire, because this kind of transfer of supportership is such a new thing for me (and for most people. I presume), but at least the season has started much better for "us" (I still need the quotes) than last year did.

Comment

Somerset all out for 109

Is Retired Relegated a possibility?

Comment

Dane Vilas and the evergreen Steven Croft both centurians in Lancashire’s first innings of the season at Kent. Vilas had just departed bringing Phil Salt to
                      the crease with a substantial score already on the board and a tiring attack to face. I’m hoping for fireworks.

No doubt I’ll get back to the BBC site to find him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Somerset all out for 109

Is Retired Relegated a possibility?
                        A surprisingly low score for a team who can genuinely be said to bat down to 10 (Siddle).

Comment

The trend isn't pretty

Essex matched that in the last session for the loss of only two wickets

Comment

Perfect spring weather at the Oval. I expected a larger crowd.

It's not helped by there being one person in the gate checking tickets. Also, having a box office slows things down. Given everything is contactless now, how difficult would it be to have POS with a fixed fee on the gate and issue stubs to people who tap in?

Comment

People are allowed on the outfield again. It's back to normality

Comment

Essex all out for 180 as Overton takes 7 for 57

There may be a game at Taunton after all

Comment

Shan Masood looks like a good signing for Ad Hoc's Derbyshire.

Comment

Or perhaps not

Somerset 7 for 2 after 11 overs

Comment

Just the 19 wickets at Taunton today

Comment

Phil Salt’s debut innings for Lancashire ended on 97 in pretty decent time.

Kent started well but Matt Parkinson apparently began turning it sideways for three late wickets.

Comment

Getting interesting at Taunton.

Comment

Certainly for the pitch inspectors.

Comment

In the space of about five minutes the Overton twins have picked up four wickets between them.

EDIT: And another one for Jamie at the start of his next over.
                                              Last edited by irony towers; 16-04-2022, 11:05.

Comment

Jamie Overton takes the last three Hants wickets (over a couple of overs) two go on 222 to some short pitched stuff. The last falls on 223 and a yorker.

Comment

Another one for Craig as Wheater and Rossington partnership looked dangerous.

Comment

Only 11 more needed for Essex, Somerset need 2 wickets.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X