X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this one is on AE?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      They must have their lowest ever average total per wicket across 5 Tests of a long series?
      Over the series, they scored 2001 runs for 99 wickets, an average of 20.21. Not sure how this compares with the worst ever, but it doesn't sound very good.

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.

Comment

Congratulations Australia, not a great side but remarkable strength in depth through their squad.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ZaltzCricket/status/1482675835018825736

Two of those under Root, one under Gower (but Gower was facing the GOAT Test cricket team excluding World XIs).
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-01-2022, 11:30.

Comment

To recycle an old gag: I agree with the chairman of Tassie. They should get a test in every Ashes. Probably give the others to Alice and Darwin in a 3 match series. Give the bigger crowds in the cities over the holiday somebody decent to play against

Comment

Most surprising victory for Ireland to take the ODI series against the Windies 2-1, particularly after the humiliation against USA and the various Covid issues.

Comment

Thank fuck The Ashes are over.

Comment

Yep. Terrible performance.

I love joe root but its really got to him how he has to carry the batting.

administration of cricket is a com,plate shambles and this is the ed result.

Comment

I watched a bit of the U19 in Jamaica. Sadly, nobody at all in the ground. Is that COVID or does nobody care?

Comment

Time for other teams to follow Australian lead and start a new captaincy era

Smudge: no grudge
                        Joe must go
                        Kohl on the dole

Kane crocked again
                        Stirly too burly

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                          I watched a bit of the U19 in Jamaica. Sadly, nobody at all in the ground. Is that COVID or does nobody care?
                          There's been a scattering of spectators at some of the games that I've briefly come across while flicking through the the sports channels.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-01-2022, 10:34.

Comment

I think the Jamaica has been very strict about sporting event attendance, this report would suggest that there would be no spectators but doesn't mention the U19 by name.

However, I don't think any of the u19 games played so far have been in Jamaica. Guyana, Trinidad and St Kitts have been the venues. And they will all have different rules and regulations.

Finally, age group sport just isn't a major spectator thing as far as I'm aware (except for US college sport).

Comment

More evidence that Cummins seems like a fantastic chap ;

https://twitter.com/aatifnawaz/status/1482750699813363723?s=21

Comment

Is that the racist Vaughan on commentary? Was he one of the people that forced Muslims to drink alcohol? Or sprayed them with it?

As for Cummins, that's leadership for all to see.

Comment

No. Vaughn said there were too many Asians

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    I think the Jamaica has been very strict about sporting event attendance, this report would suggest that there would be no spectators but doesn't mention the U19 by name.

However, I don't think any of the u19 games played so far have been in Jamaica. Guyana, Trinidad and St Kitts have been the venues. And they will all have different rules and regulations.

Finally, age group sport just isn't a major spectator thing as far as I'm aware (except for US college sport).
                                    I thought they said Ireland - WI was in Kingstown. I’d think at least the players families would come. It is a world championship, after all.

In general, across all team sports I know about, the internet has created interest in following the “next generation” of prospective stores.

For example, junior hockey is a big deal in Canada. The World u20 Championships make a bunch of money.
                                    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 17-01-2022, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                      No. Vaughn said there were too many Asians
                                      On the planet? Or just on the Australia team?

Comment

In the Yorkshire team he was captain of.

Oh the WI - Ireland series is separate from the U19 world cup.

Comment

Women's Ashes start today. Australia have so much depth they can afford to drop Ellyse Perry.

Comment

England with the sort of start that'd be fine for a test. Less so for a T20.

Comment

That's better.

Comment

Aus need 170, win predictor has England 75%. this would be the fifth highest chase ever I think. Australia won't be overawed though I think

Comment

great over by Ecclestone to keep a lid on Australia.

Comment

I can't quite work out what it is about Ecclestone that makes her so effective. She's got good control obviously, but I don't see what she does different to other spinners that makes her world class - but her figures clearly show she is.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X