Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t...ssible-1289870

Comment

Tim Paine to take a leave of absence from all forms of cricket with immediate effect.

Comment

Crikey

Comment

I noticed that Cricket Tasmania believe he has been , essentially, hung out to dry.

Comment

Well, they concluded that he had done nothing wrong years ago and are in litigation with his accuser.

They aren't exactly impartial.

Comment

Cummins confirmed as the new captain and Steve Smith as the vice captain.

Comment

India's tail didn't wag.

Comment

UA, absolutely. I’m not sure I will ever understand dick pic culture myself.

Hearty congrats to Pat Cummins. A bowler, yes!
                  Last edited by diggedy derek; 26-11-2021, 09:25.

Comment

Southee seems to have bowled an awesome spell: 11 overs, 4 wickets, with a groin issue having troubled him yesterday.

Comment

Adam Collins, on The Word podcast, claimed (before today's news) that Paine's resignation was timed to protect his chances of getting a commentary position for 2022-2023. His stepping down as a player might also be seen in that light - he takes a year off out of the spotlight then comes back as a commentator.

Comment

Interestingly set up in India. NZ just need to come back in the morning and start all over again, do the same thing and see where they are after a couple of sessions.

Comment

And a fine comeback from Bangladesh, from 49-4 to 235-4 at stumps on day 1 vs Pakistan.

Comment

There's a boundary catch here (30 seconds in) that appears physically impossible. He is well over the boundary rope and so has to be in the air, getting the ball back over and then get himself back in the field while it's in the air.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...fence-with-win

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                              Interestingly set up in India. NZ just need to come back in the morning and start all over again, do the same thing and see where they are after a couple of sessions.
                              It's a really intriguing contest. NZ are batting superbly, but you've got to imagine they need a first innings lead of about 100 to stand a chance, and that is still a very long way off. 176/1 as I type

Comment

Gotta feel for NZ, they’ve batted 130 overs but are still looking at a significant deficit. No-one’s been able to make that big score for them.

Comment

Oh, early wicket.

Comment

Axar Patel's career stats are going to be off the charts if he's only used in Asian conditions. Somehow teams will have to learn how to play him.

I hope NZ win the toss in the 2nd Test so we get to see if the spinners can do it on the first two days or if India gambled everything here on batting first. India's depth at home, ahead here despite fielding two debutants, is ominous.
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-11-2021, 12:02.

Comment

NZ still fighting. India 41/3, still only 90 ahead. It will be very interesting if they can dismiss India for around 150 (though I'd still make India favourites even in that scenario)

Comment

Two in an over for Southee and suddenly it's 51/5

Plus I guess there's some question whether Saha will be able to bat.

Comment

Unbroken 43 run partnership between Ashwin and Shreyas puts India firmly back in the driving seat (also apparently Saha will bat, assuming he's needed)

Comment

Shreyas finally out for 63 and a debut in which he has basically been the difference between the sides. Can't see any hope for NZ now with India 167/7 at tea

Comment

India declare on 234/7 leaving NZ a highly improbable 284 to win

In approximately one day and 15 minutes ish

Comment

NZ 4/1 at stumps. As far as I can work out the wicket came when they didn't review a bad call fast enough

Comment

Might as well do a double-reverse-counter-jinx ...

Night watchman doing OK here.

Comment

79/1 at lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X