No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympics - The Actual Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Bell replaced someone who opted to do only the 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      De Grasse lays down a 9.91. Nigerian seems very unlucky to have been disqualified.
      His reaction time appeared to be slower than Prescod who avoided qualification after the previous false start, though it was all very confusingly handled.

Is there any chance of an appeal? Doubtful, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
        Did NZ sub off the player who fumbled the ball, leading to France's second try? Brutal.
        I didn't spot that (was watching on my phone while walking the dog/watching my son's rowing training) but it wouldn't surprise me given the accelerated nature of everything in Sevens.

Comment

Swedish Discus winner Daniel Stahl screams "I'M THE SWEDISH VIKING!" as he celebrates his win.

Comment

The mixed relay is about to start - I thought the USA had been disqualified but they appear to have been disdisqualified

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              The mixed relay is about to start - I thought the USA had been disqualified but they appear to have been disdisqualified
              They were reinstated last night, claiming that their runner had been told to stand there by an official and therefore it was an "admin error"...

Comment

Poland win it, DR second, USA 3rd

Comment

Amazing last effort from the Dominican to grab the silver

Comment

Polish reaction magnificent.

Comment

At least Ireland didn't finish last, the Germany cock up on the third leg saw to that. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I wonder if the likes of Ireland would be reinstated with an appeal like that.

Comment

The Women's 100m runners seem to have been left waiting around while the (admittedly impressive) light show on the track takes place.

Comment

Fuck! What a race.

Comment

Olympic record 10.61, into a headwind.

Comment

Second fastest time ever. New Jamaican record. Must be a strong chance of a World Record in the 4 x 100m.
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 31-07-2021, 12:57.

Comment

From the post race celebrations I don't get the feeling that the Jamaicans who finished 2nd and 3rd get on that well with the one who won

Comment

Six runners under 11.00 seconds. I doubt that's happened before. Highest class race ever in this event.

Comment

The track appears to be very fast

The shoes may be even faster

Comment

I don't know a lot about hockey, and trying to watch it as football with sticks is a frustrating experience. Probably the way most people would feel watching Gaelic Football and Hurling .

Comment

Mary Carillo, commentating on the tennis final, has a house in SWFL. Won the French Open mixed doubles with McEnroe in 1977.

EDIT: Rennae Stubbs is her co-commentator.
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 31-07-2021, 13:29.

Comment

From the post race celebrations I don't get the feeling that the Jamaicans who finished 2nd and 3rd get on that well with the one who won
                                          Yes, I got that feeling too. No evidence though.

Comment

No inside news on these relationships, but beef among US sprinters has been a feature of the sport here as long as I have been alive

Comment

It's been noted elsewhere too.

Comment

Normally the other runners hug the winner immediately but that was notably absent. The medal ceremony may be telling.

Comment

The discus Swedes sprinting in joy was a highlight. I'm getting old and soft but it's great when everyone celebrates their particular medal, rather than looking grumpy because they missed out. All 3 looked very satisfied in that event.

Comment

The BBC went in to some detail about the enmity between the athletes, something to do with coaches being switched or poached I think.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-07-2021, 15:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X