Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twenty20 farce at TB

So.

The ball goes for six, and is signalled as such by the replay scoreboard.

The umpire however, signals four, and this is credited to the score: umpire watches replay on screen, and makes no further comment.

Roll on a few balls, and now Yorkshire need 2 to win off the last two overs.

Suddenly, the game is over.

Apparently, the four was a six after all, and Yorkshire have now reached their target.

Who was it who said TV replays improve the game for both the players and the spectators?

Twenty20 farce at TB

At first sight doesn't it look like umpire carelessness is the culprit?

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

And now one at the Riverside. What the fuck is going on?

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

It's karma biting Yorkshire in the arse for being such a miserable bunch of arseholes over Worcestergate last season.

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

I thought the Essex-Northants game counted as a farce myself. Northants batting second under lights against a ball zipping all over the place. Graham Napier looked like Colin Croft in those conditions.

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

Was the entire Northamptonshire team South African?

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

Pretty much GO yeah. Despite my obvious bias, I'd agree Northants had it harsh last night, but then I don't agree with day-nighters really anyway.

Crazy what's happened with Napier in the past two weeks. He's been trundling around for six years being modestly OK, then this. Still, Essex's one-day cricket is, for the moment, a real joy to watch

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

Yeah, I think you're a very good one day side. You didn't need the advantage of conditions to win.

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

King On The Rye wrote:
                  It's karma biting Yorkshire in the arse for being such a miserable bunch of arseholes over Worcestergate last season.
                  Is Canterbury the county town of Yorkshire now?

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

So, in a move seemingly calculated to annoy Guy, the appeal has reduced Yorkshire's penalty to a 2 point deduction, while allowing the result against Notts to stand.

Which means they are both out, and Glamorgan go through to play Durham.

So what's next, do Notts have right of appeal? Aren't Durham appealing against having to play the quarter at all? And given that he basically single-handedly got Glamorgan anywhere close to qualification, can we have Herschelle Gibbs back please.

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

"We've got what we deserved," Paul Russell, the Glamorgan chairman, said.

Brilliant stuff, for a county that only managed to win 3 games out of 10 in the group stages. Still, 2 wins and we're in the CL and doubtless bound for finanical overlordship of British cricket for a generation.

Comment

Twenty20 farce at TB

Etienne wrote:
                        So, in a move seemingly calculated to annoy Guy, the appeal has reduced Yorkshire's penalty to a 2 point deduction, while allowing the result against Notts to stand.

Which means they are both out, and Glamorgan go through to play Durham.

So what's next, do Notts have right of appeal? Aren't Durham appealing against having to play the quarter at all? And given that he basically single-handedly got Glamorgan anywhere close to qualification, can we have Herschelle Gibbs back please.
                        Actually, I agree with the approach our chief exective took, which was, "just accept it, whatever happens".

A shame Stewart Regan, David Harker, and Paul Russell didn't do the same.

(Way to go Yorkshire! By appealing, you've had Notts eliminated from the competition!)

Comment

Working...
                        X