No announcement yet.

Is This Your Celebrated Summer? - International Cricket in England 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on there? Sounds like either a turgid English Test match from the mid-60s or a game on a scorched featherbed in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.

Comment

These last two posts should be on the county championship thread. Tsk.

Comment

I think the premise of this Ronay piece about the ECB is wrong. The ECB was just a rebrand of the TCCB, a rebrand that made explicit the idea that the England men's cricket team is the reason for all other cricket in the country. An idea that has been expanded to the Women's team in recent years.

Comment

No ball drama the other way for Carey as she has Rana caught and bowled, but she overstepped. Rana then hits three successive boundaries in the next over and India are on the verge.

Comment

India did win to finally end Australia's 26 match winning streak.

England are crushing New Zealand.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cricket_ali/status/1442233410798374915?s=21

Comment

You can't argue with that really. He's been mucked around a lot in the past year and despite his skill he's never been a sure thing in the XI like some other names are.

Comment

He'll be hard to replace because England haven't managed their spinners well in the last couple of years, despite having unearthed some promising talent. I think Ali would have played some part in the Ashes had he been available.

Comment

He struggled in Australia when he was in better form than he is now. I think Ali missing that tour is good for England as well as for him. He shouldn't have been dropped three years ago, and would still be worth his place in most situations, but not for a tour of Australia. I hope he comes back into the England ODI team though.

Comment

The UAE leg of the IPL is on ESPN+ here and I've been able to watch games on the last couple of days.

The quality of play is better than I recall from the early days of the competition (when it was broadcast on Sky Italia).

RCB have just gone through Rajahstan like a knife through butter, withRoyals going from 113 for 2 to 149 for 9

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                        You can't argue with that really. He's been mucked around a lot in the past year and despite his skill he's never been a sure thing in the XI like some other names are.
                        I still can't believe English had him opening the batting at one point. For all his (largely unfulfilled) potential as a batsman that particular bright idea was never going to work.

Comment

Probably not quite the right thread, but tremendous to see India women declare in the D/N Test down under, with Smriti Manhanda century

Comment

Yeah, it's just a shame they took so long to score those runs (Mandhana apart)

Comment

Jarrod Kimber's latest newsletter is a treasure trove of adverts featuring cricketers

https://wickets.substack.com/p/crick...il&utm_source=

Comment

Kane Williamson with one of the best throws I've ever seen to dismiss Glenn Maxwell and win the game for Sunrisers

https://twitter.com/go4ashi/status/1445800566278422537?s=20

Comment

Sunil Nadine is destroying Royal Challengers Bangalore single handedly

He's got 4 for 20 including Kohli, de Villiers and Maxwell

Comment

Maybe the wrong thread, but worth noting somewhere Amy Hunter's performance for Ireland on her 16th birthday. She's become the youngest ever century maker, breaking, I believe Mithali Raj.

Comment

Indeed interviewed on RTE radio this morning in recognition of a world record.

Comment

Working...
                                      X