No announcement yet.

SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I should share the amazing view of yesterday from the Pavilion. Thanks again, Levin.

Comment

Not at all, it was a pleasure to meet you, chat and see out the end of the season.

​​​​​

Comment

Bob Willis Trophy final could be over in a single day at this rate, Lancs currently 10/4

Comment

What is the point of it?

Comment

11-5 now.

Comment

Some kind of North American influenced need for a final play off of some description? It does seem very odd though, since Warwickshire have already won the county championship and been named as such. Why there needs to be some final game is a mystery
              (is it a hold over from last season? and was there a genuine point to it then? Also, I suspect naming it after Willis will have been a mistake , because it's harder to cancel something that is named after a dead legend)

Comment

12-6.

Comment

"Content" for Sky

A jolly at Lord's for the blazers/sponsors

A way to maintain interest in the Championship had one club run away with it

Comment

Many spectators there? I'd completely forgotten about it, despite Levin reminding me last week.

Comment

Jimmy Anderson not playing?

Comment

This game is already over. It's supposed to last 5 days, which I guess is possible if Warwickshire bat for 4 days.
                        I suppose if you have to have a non-tournament called the Bob Willis Trophy, it's best if Warwickshire win it

Comment

As I mentioned to Ray the other day, I was looking to go to this. But I lost interest when Warwickshire won the County Championship. We've already won the main prize, what the point of this?

The mid season reshuffle of teams really didn't work for me. It didn't feel like Warwickshire won the whole season.

It's given me a new found appreciation of the US conference/division system. I think I could get on board a three division system where you play your divisionmates twice and then a selection of non-division teams (changing every year) and then semis of group winners and a wild card.

Maybe not, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Many spectators there? I'd completely forgotten about it, despite Levin reminding me last week.
                            Official attendance 928

Comment

Christ! What a farce.

Comment

The ECB seems to think they can kill off the championship by a thousand cuts, take the game off terrestrial TV, and the players will still come through. That is going to bite the Test team on the arse eventually, when it's no longer carried by Anderson, Root and (when fit) Stokes. The batting, as we've seen, is already declining decade on decade, to the point where they can't beat India or NZ at home (and are not nailed on certainties at home anymore against many others); will that accelerate?
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-09-2021, 11:31.

Comment

So, anyway, that's all done then. Warks win by an innings and 199. Summer officially over.

Comment

Yorkshire CCC a gift that continues to take

Amna Raffiq lodges complaint against Yorkshire Cricket Board

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58774542

Comment

Yorkshire continue to stay classy - Azeem Rafiq receives redacted version of report from Yorkshire - BBC Sport

Comment

“Nottinghamshire, who won seven of their 14 games in 2021, said they had voted against the return to two divisions.“

I bet they did.

It’s as if 2021 never happened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58913832

Comment

14 game season? So home and away against 5 teams and just one against the other four in D1 and H&A against all in D2?

Comment

Pop the champagne corks at Nevil Road as the promotion we won two years ago is actually confirmed. Top flight baby - looking forward to being condescended and/or ignored by all and sundry next summer

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                              14 game season? So home and away against 5 teams and just one against the other four in D1 and H&A against all in D2?
                                              Yes - it's been fourteen game seasons since 2017 when the divisions switched to one of eight and one of ten (although 2017-2019 had D1 with eight teams and D2 with ten).

Comment

Critchley goes to Essex. Not surprised but still very disappointing (the crazy non selection for the Lions must have something to do with it). One of the few bright spots from a dismal last season for Derbyshire (along with some young quicks). What with him going, Hudson Prentice back to Sussex and Hosain retiring there's a heck of a lot of work to do over the winter.

Comment

Yorkshire CCC - "absolutely nothing to see here, no one at this club is at all a racist" - Azeem Rafiq: Yorkshire will not take disciplinary action over allegations of racism by former player - BBC Sport

Comment

sake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X