No announcement yet.

SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I write that and Abbas get done LBW, leaving Keith Barker on 52* and Somerset requiring 2 (two) to win.

Comment

Overton takes 7 for 82 across both innings and is the leading wicket taker in the CC

Somerset tied with Lancs for second overall, seven points behind Gloucestershire

Comment

That half the games ended with a result is pretty good considering the weather.

Do bonus points drive play in enough of a way that makes them worth having?

Comment

This looks like it will be an absolute cracker.

First instalment already up

https://twitter.com/yas_wisden/status/1391790743082176518

Comment

If you had 210 points and used bonus points as a tie breaker you'd have the same standings but a less confusing points total.

Comment

Not great weather today. Glamorgan Yorkshire won't see play before lunch due to a wet outfield. Somerset Surrey and Middlesex Hampshire delayed by rain.

Only six matches this round. Does anyone know why?

Comment

Essex Derbyshire is also delayed.

Comment

Every time I see a photo of that Gloucestershire jumper I like it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                    Not great weather today. Glamorgan Yorkshire won't see play before lunch due to a wet outfield. Somerset Surrey and Middlesex Hampshire delayed by rain.

Only six matches this round. Does anyone know why?
                    From last week to the end of the current block of Championship fixtures in early June, there isn't a single week where all 18 counties are playing. I haven't checked but I assume that each county is getting a week off during this time, similar to the bye weeks seen in the NFL. I'm not sure if this originally arose from wanting to make opponents available to play New Zealand, before their warm ups were changed to intra squad fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                      Every time I see a photo of that Gloucestershire jumper I like it more.
                      Matching ringed caps would really complement it well

Comment

Oh yes.

I need to stop getting annoyed at the quality of county cricket merchandise. It's probably not a 'if you build it...' thing.

Abbas has picked up a couple of wickets this morning as Middlesex are 120/7. Sussex going ok.

Comment

Still no play at Taunton

Comment

Just turned on the match at Sophia Gardens for the first time and...sake, Glamorgan!

Comment

Good to see the hometown represent though :

Comment

Hampshire seem to have completely forgotten how to bat. 9-3 in reply to Middlesex's 172.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  Just turned on the match at Sophia Gardens for the first time and...sake, Glamorgan!
                                  149 is currently not looking like a bad score at all, with Yorkshire on 6/2

Comment

Yeah. Root (your one) looks like he could be the difference between the teams though, unsurprisingly.

Comment

Joe Root v Glamorgan ať the moment.

I'm watching Middlesex struggle, Abbas is just a pleasure to see.

Comment

Essex looks likely to win this by an innings having lost only three wickets, which can't have happened that often

Comment

It's still only Derbyshire's first innings. All these games losing the first day means it doesn't really feel like day 3

Comment

Yes, but they still trail by 266

I was assuming a follow on

Comment

I heart Joe Root

Comment

Looks like Ursus is right and I was being too cautious.

Did ad hoc do that to Root? Or is the time gap too big?

Comment

I think David Lloyd did that to Joe Root.

Comment

The bear is proved right as Essex win by an innings and 15 runs.

Does anyone know what happened in Chester-le-street? Worcestershire looked pretty well placed this morning. I was certain they were going to keep their stream of draws going.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X