SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

With a lead of well over 400 they decide to bat on, resulting in the loss of three wickets in the first few overs and Amla retiring injured!

After pointlessly batting on for a bit, they eventually declare and have Hampshire at 51-4 at lunch.

Comment

This is getting away from Northants. Yorks leading by 174 with 2 wickets left.

That'll teach me for hoping to avoid Warks distress by enjoying Yorks'.

Congrats to Notts as well. A couple of things from Twitter. 1. Outlaws feels like a proper traditional nickname. 2. I've been reminded of the Warwickshire La La La or Nottingham La La La chant.

Comment

Somerset valiantly trying to limit their deficit to something within reach

The lead is 191 and Middlesex have two wickets in hand

Comment

Surrey complete their dismantling of Hampshire with Kemar Roach taking 8 in the second innings.

Comment

The innings and 289 run defeat for Hampshire is their worst post-war defeat in the county championship

Comment

Lancashire win by 5 wickets against Sussex for their third win on the run. Keaton Jennings anchored the innings with an unbeaten 91.

Northants, as I type, need 37 with two wickets left to
              beat the Tykes. However Simon Kerrigan is in and he can bat. We can only hope..

Comment

They need 14 now but in the space of a few seconds all 4 results came into play. Kerrigan was out and the rain started
                So they're off now, 14 runs or one wicket left for a result

Comment

Yes! By one run after Parnell nicks one off Patterson.

Comment

Yorkshire win... By one run

What a tense and riveting last 15 minutes that has been

Comment

Oh well, never mind.

Comment

Essex and Worcs agree to a draw, the only one of this round so far (though Gloucester will have to score quickly to have a chance of winning)

Comment

Some effective slogging and it is now very much on for Gloucs' second highest ever successful run chase in the Championship

They need 26 from 8 overs

Comment

Drama
                            THe two settled batsmen gone on successive balls

Comment

Done with three overs left

Credit to Leicestershire for making a match of it

Comment

Excellent letter in this season's welcome pack from Yorkshire

Setting the tone exactly right

"Dear Brian,

"I hope you are staying safe and well during these challenging times

"I am delighted to be contacting you with this year's Membership Pack. - (continues)"

Those customer engagement lessons have paid off, haven't they

I've had the Notts one a while now, and they've always been warmer than Yorks

Comment

Yorkshire are being dicks to wisden.com about player availability for comments. Dobell wrote about it this morning.

I also saw that Sky Sports are going to broadcast the Middlesex stream. A large part of that is because they need filler given the IPL situation. But is it too much to hope that there is an increase in popularity?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    I booked Surrey T20 tickets the day the road map was announced in February, the Glamorgan match group stage opener and the Middlesex closer.

The former fixture at least will be under reduced capacity so maybe they've taken them off sale for a while until the numbers become clearer.
                                    Hmmm, noodling around on my account it appears that despite selling me tickets to the Glamorgan match way back on Feb 22nd they have canceled them without telling me (or seemingly refunding me!)and are now only selling to members. Pretty shitty behaviour, going to try and call the ticket office tomorrow but think they'll tell me where to go.

Comment

That's really bad that they've not told you anything. There is this paragraph in a communication from the club to members.
                                      ​​​​​

"If there are seats remaining following the 21st May, these seats will be filled by non-Members and existing ticket holders will be contacted at a later date once the Club has an understanding of availability."

I Was going to offer you some tickets but at the moment members can only purchase for themselves and other members in their network.

Comment

Thanks for both the info (which is some hope to cling to and possible reason I haven't heard from them) and even the thought of trying to get tickets for me.

Comment

Sussex 21/6 after just over 12 overs against Northants.

Warwickshire doing better today than against Durham

Comment

Sussex were soon 25-7 but have recovered slightly to 50-7. Which means they may outscore Hants who are 49-6 vs Somerset. Essex at 75-4 against Notts are also struggling a bit.

Comment

Glamorgan 82/2 currently with Anderson just having Lubuschagne caught behind for 12

Comment

Hampshire this season currently 336-27 vs attacks that contain an Overton, and 1,691-29 vs attacks that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                                  Hampshire this season currently 336-27 vs attacks that contain an Overton, and 1,691-29 vs attacks that don't.
                                                  They need to move the Overton window.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X