SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levin View Post
    Hameed's 635 balls faced in a match can't be an all time record can it? Balls faced has only been recorded for a short period. It used to be minutes.
    He only managed two balls today, so his second innings is going to have to be epic

Comment

The floodlights are on at the Oval.

Comment

Lancashire have certainly picked a team to bat down. Liam Livingstone, fresh from IPL, in at seven and Danny Lamb, after scoring a fluent 125 in his previous innings bats at eight. Sussex currently 69-1.

Comment

It is overcast, and I can't say how much light is needed for playing cricket, but it isn't dark out. Just not sunglasses weather.

Comment

Hampshire 83-8 at the Oval, it seems heavily overcast there.

Comment

Hants all out for 92. Unlikely to be the lowest scorers of the day though, with Warwickshire 30-8.

Comment

Warwickshire rally to 82-9. Durham's Ben Raine currently has 5 for 9 off 12 overs - three clean bowled and two ibw.

Comment

Ugh. I wish the covers had stayed on.

Comment

Surrey 100-1 in reply to Hampshire's 92, which turned out to be slightly better than Warwickshire's 87 today.

Comment

Stevens takes 5-53 on his 45th birthday.

For context, on my 45th birthday I fell asleep on a bench.

Comment

Why are Essex still batting?

Amla currently on 170 (of Surrey's 361 for 2).

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Why are Essex still batting?
                          Difficult to say.

Comment

Now 526 for 8. Quite baffling.

Somerset starting to crack. From 86 for 2 to 98 for 4 (Middlesex having put on 357).

Comment

Really enjoying all the live streams of matches this season, and it's been a decent season so far. Among its highpoints has been the rejuvenation of Haseeb Hameed, who if he can get back up to speed, is much worthier of a place in the team than any of England's current openers.

Currently, imagining I'm in Worcester, watching Essex pile up runs on a dead pitch. Peter Siddle's just hit a six

Comment

Good of you to get them to declare

Double ton for Amla

Comment

Surrey are all over the place this season. I've got no idea what to expect from them from match to match.

Comment

That's true of just about everyone.

Other than Leics and Kent being bad, perhaps.

Hampshire and Lancs looked like world-beaters until this round.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                      Surrey are all over the place this season. I've got no idea what to expect from them from match to match.
                                      Well they are having a good day today. Vilas and Livingstone both out for ducks leaving Lancs now (after a little rally) 189/6 chasing Surrey’s 326.

Comment

Lancs are playing Sussex

All those southern counties . . .

Comment

Glamorgan win by 10 wickets

Yorkshire about to take the lead at Headingley
                                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 30-04-2021, 17:48.

Comment

Yorkshire about to win by nine
                                            No, we have just gone "into the lead" but it's only the third innings of the match

Comment

Yeah, I misread the scorecard and have corrected my post

Comment

Lancs are playing Sussex

All those southern counties . . .
                                                Yes, they all look the same from up here.

Apologies, schoolboy error.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

With a lead of well over 400 they decide to bat on, resulting in the loss of three wickets in the first few overs and Amla retiring injured!

Comment

Jesus

Notts one wicket away from WINNING

Inside 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X