Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Middlesex video coverage is really very good

Comment

Except for it being weirdly quiet and the graphics being not quite right (as in showing the wrong things not factually incorrect), I agree.
      Last edited by Levin; 10-04-2021, 13:52.

Comment

And from a Somerset perspective, it would have been nice to have DRS for both of those LBWs, but one can't have everything

Comment

They looked right at first glance but yes the replays made me doubt.

I missed that everyone had armbands for Philip.

Comment

Gloucestershire are doing well against Surrey.

I think only the weather can save Leicestershire.

Comment

Glamorgan have managed to set a target for Yorks. 379 in two and a half sessions.

Hants take maximum points in their victory.

These pitches deteriorate in the same way as test pitches don't they? And Adam Collins has mentioned that Middlesex may regret not having a front line spinner to call on. It just doesn't feel like the pitches are as different between day one and four from my seat here.

Comment

Yorks in trouble 32/2.

Comment

And Somerset complete an impressive win.

On to Bristol now where Glos are in with a shout of a win over Surrey.

Comment

They just went to tea at Bristol

Did not expect that result at Lord's after the first day.

Warks also have a doable chase (they need about five an over)

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                      And Somerset complete an impressive win.
                      Does anyone not want Somerset to lift the crown?

Comment

There are individuals who actually support other counties, y'know

There are also a handful of Somerset types who believe that Championship futility is an ineluctable part of the club's "charm", and that a title would "ruin" that.
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 11-04-2021, 15:10.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          There are individuals who actually support other counties, y'know
                          I know, thus my mild provocation.

Comment

Surrey may be saved by the weather/light gods

Comment

Yorkshire - Glamorgan heading for a draw. This afternoon I have learnt that Callum Taylor bowls four good balls an over and the other two are not so good.

ECB are announcing next Saturday's arrangements in a few minutes time.

Comment

https://twitter.com/legsidelizzy/status/1381275853888307204

Comment

Covers are off at Bristol
                                  ​Glos need to get 43 before the might fades to win

Comment

And they got them. West Country 2 Home Counties 0 this week.

Sounds like an absolutely lifeless pitch at Chelmsford, giving us a rather underwhelming start to the defence of whatever title it is we're defending.

Comment

Essex Vs worcs was decided a drawn game. First time Essex haven't won at home in about three years, I think.

Anyone know if there are any plans for crowds to be back for county cricket at all this summer? On the worcs website I can only see tickets for sale for vitality blast games.

Comment

If we adhere to the road map it's after May 17th at limited capacities in step 3 and at full capacity after June 21 in step 4.

I've bought tickets for the first two days of Surrey v Middlesex on May 20 & 21.

Comment

Thanks ray. I was hoping that would be the case but I couldn't see any indication of it on the worcs website. Nor any tickets on sale. I am particularly wanting to see Pakistan play worcestershire at new road and as that's not till July 4th, fingers crossed there'll be tickets available nearer the date.

Comment

Meanwhile, at "lack of Grace" road, Hampshire are back in the news -

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...dismissal.html

Comment

I've got to pre-book for Yorks 4 day matches when and if Headingley is re-opened

Comment

I've got tickets for the weekend of the first game with crowds at the Oval and all four days of the one after that. I can't seem to be able to book blast tickets and can't work out why. Looking forward to some Royal London fixtures being at the Oval and all of Kent's going to Beckenham.

https://twitter.com/Gloscricket/status/1381887530467987458

That's a fine jumper there.

Comment

I booked Surrey T20 tickets the day the road map was announced in February, the Glamorgan match group stage opener and the Middlesex closer.

The former fixture at least will be under reduced capacity so maybe they've taken them off sale for a while until the numbers become clearer.

Comment

I've emailed them, the only T20 games available to book are Essex, Somerset, Middlesex & Kent. I assume the Glamorgan one is sold out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X