• Show
Clear All

They were 66/1 from 8?

Comment

Oh my word Carter gets another six!!

Comment

And a fucking 'nother!!!

Comment

Oh man, Vince fumbles the run out chance in the final over.

Comment

Caught behind - Hampshire complete the upset after an incredible run of wins and an extraordinary match tonight. They go to finals day.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
              They were 66/1 from 8?
              Dawson was the catalyst I think. He put Notts under pressure and was really firing Hants up. Once the cracks in the home team started to show Vince and co were able to make the most of it.

Until, that is, Carter came along. He ended up unbeaten FWIW. But it wasn't enough to save Notts.

Comment

Oh dear Notts. Such a shame. Ha ha ha

Comment

Warwickshire aren't doing this

Comment

Got closer than it looked. But four wins from four for the South.

Comment

And three out of four non-Hundred counties

Comment

Is it not 3 from 3? Somerset, Sussex and Kent don't have hundred franchises, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire, Hampshire and Birmingham /Warwickshire do.

Comment

Or even 3 from 4? I think Southern Brave supposedly represent Hampshire and Sussex but they played at the Rose Bowl so they're from Hants in most people's books.

Comment

Yorkshire doesn't, Leeds does

Comment

Durham Surrey is off. Due to start tomorrow but there has been a positive in the Surrey squad that's taken out most of the team.

This part of the championship is slim pickings in terms of attendance for me. There is one day if weekend play at the oval.

Comment

Which counties are member owned and which have other membership structures?

Durham is owned by one guy isn't it?

Comment

I wash counting Hampshire as a Hundred county given that they host Southern Brave

The way the points have carried over in the County Championship is somewhat strange. Warks were second in their group, but now lead Division One, while Notts, which won the group, are fifth

Comment

I assume it is the points they earned in games against each other. So Warwickshire must have beaten Nottinghamshire twice, despite finishing behind them,

Comment

Yes, that's why
                                      It just seems a bit weird

Comment

CricInfo and BBC seems to be struggling with the carried over points.

Comment

Glamorgan don't seem to have returned to red ball cricket with much success.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                            CricInfo and BBC seems to be struggling with the carried over points.
                                            The problem is that they are trying to present a unified table, including results, which simply can't work when the weight of the two matches in the Group phase have been halved.

They should ignore those results and simply add in the points with a footnote indicating how many were carried over (essentially the way that football tables deal with points deductions).

Comment

Somerset following on at Taunton, still trailing Notts by 341

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                Glamorgan don't seem to have returned to red ball cricket with much success.
                                                Leicestershire giving them a good run for their money in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  I assume it is the points they earned in games against each other. So Warwickshire must have beaten Nottinghamshire twice, despite finishing behind them,
                                                  My understanding is they carry forward half the points they scored against the other team now in their new group

So can someone explain why Durham are played one, lost one given the game was abandoned without a ball being bowled?

Comment

Some "Proper Cricket" going on down in the Rose Bowl – James Vince currently 16 not out off 106 balls trying to save the game for Hants against Yorkshire. Minimum of 24 overs left to bowl, Yorkshire need 3 more wickets to win...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X