SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levin View Post
    Who is doing the commentary? Is it local radio? I don't recognise the voices.
    On radio it's local commentary. Sky have a C team on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

This is… not a good look

It looks like ​​​​some very senior figures might be involved here, with systemic and systematic racism running through the club from top to bottom in both the management and cricket side

Either people should be falling on their swords, or decapitations might need to occur
      In Rafiq's own words: "I'm also uncomfortable with the narrative that these are 'historic' allegations. Most of them concern people who are not just still at the club but in positions of power. There has to be accountability. It seems to me that, while everyone who was in that room in August 2018 remains in positions of responsibility at the club, it will be hard to take their words seriously. For that reason, I feel the positions of the chief executive, the director of cricket and the inclusivity and diversity manager are untenable."

I know as a (white) fan my feelings on it are utterly irrelevant and not even remotely comparable to what Rafiq has gone through, but I love Yorkshire cricket passionately and as such the whole thing is just absolutely horrible and really upsetting. Feel like if this were my football club, I could quite happily just bin them off and take my support elsewhere, but (however irrationally) with cricket's county set-up it doesn't feel the same – can't just renounce being from Yorkshire. But I certainly won't be renewing my membership or going to any more home games until some serious action is taken against those responsible for this.

Comment

Quite

Comment

Please let Yorkshire CCC know that, Jobi.

Comment

Will you be going to Scarbados J?

(I'll also be letting Yorks what I think after they finally release the report, and say what action they are taking against anyone named)

Comment

Big wicket.

Comment

Get in!

Comment

Woop

Comment

What a great match and performance by Glamorgan. The only shame is that it didn't have the sell-out Saturday Lord's crowd it deserved (of course, the fucking hundred has stolen that slot this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                      Will you be going to Scarbados J?

(I'll also be letting Yorks what I think after they finally release the report, and say what action they are taking against anyone named)
                      Tricky one that, but I think I probably would, if for no other reason than because they've also been a victim of the club's chaotic running this season, having had the scheduled Roses game taken away from them at very short notice.

Comment

Ugh. Yorkshire trumpeting that a number of allegations were not upheld and then you read on and find that the investigation wasn't able to say either way due to lack of evidence.

Comment

Rafiq comes out swinging

"You carry on playing with your words - this isn't going away"

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...iate-behaviour

Yorkshire: Rafiq was 'victim of inappropriate behaviour'

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Tricky one that, but I think I probably would, if for no other reason than because they've also been a victim of the club's chaotic running this season, having had the scheduled Roses game taken away from them at very short notice.
                            Pavilion Bar likely to be shut again, at least one of my mates boycotting it - a Scarborough resident - and dropping his membership to rejoin Durham over this, and that the Long Room seats were also closed earlier in the season

Comment

Another interview with Rafiq in the Guardian last night in which he seems to be suggesting he's spoken to someone at the club currently who's experiencing the same things he did, which is as astonishing as it is disappointing.

Comment

The man is everywhere (except home)

https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/1430268579845328898

Comment

We doing the Blast on here? It's game on tonight as Notts chase a low total. Dawson has just taken a quick pair.

Comment

Both teams were five down after 13. Notts, chasing, have just 7 more runs than Hants did at the same stage.

Comment

Weatherley with lightning reflexes. Six down and the Outlaws are floundering.

Comment

The choke is on. 96/7. Need 30 from 26.

Comment

'kinell! Next ball, another goes!

Comment

Hattrick ball for Currie...

Comment

Nope. So Notts, at home, eight down and needing 30 from four overs. Big Luke Fletcher at the crease with Big Matt Carter.
                                              Last edited by Kevin S; 25-08-2021, 20:40.

Comment

After 17, they are now one wicket and six runs worse off than Hants were.

Comment

Oh ho ho, Matt Carter smashes the maximum! So close now.

Comment

Wheal with the yorker and Fletcher's leg stump goes flying. Final stand now, 17 needed from 13.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X